Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Artificial intelligence enabled automation is one of the biggest opportunities of our generation. Here at TuSimple, it is more than just an opportunity, it is our mission. Led by a group of elite researchers and engineers, we are working tirelessly to bring safe and reliable autonomous trucking to reality. This transformative endeavor can reduce energy consumptions in the trucking industry, make goods and services more affordable and efficient, and eventually, profoundly improve the quality of life of everyone, including you and I.
As a C++ Software Engineering Intern at TuSimple, you will have the opportunity to work on accelerating the development of our driverless autonomous vehicle systems. Join our rapidly growing team of expert engineers and help us architect and bring to life best-in-class Distributed Systems, Machine Learning (ML) Platforms, and Data Pipelines.
- Design, develop, test, debug, and deploy software modules in Autonomous Driving System, and/or in related platform and tools software.
- Collaborate with other team members.
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a MS/PhD program in Computer Science or other related fields.
- 3+ years of experience developing production-quality software in C++ or Python in Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Internet, Telecommunication, and other technology industries.
- Solid understanding of operating systems and embedded systems.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Solid understanding of data structure and basic algorithms.
- Solid understanding of performance profiling, analysis, and optimization.
- Good debugging and root cause analysis skills.
- Good understanding and experience of Python programming.
- Good communication skills and team collaboration.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Good understanding and experience in Computer Vision, Image Processing, Deep Learning, or other Algorithms.
- Development experience in RTOS and Linux kernel.
- Development experience in ROS.
- Development experience on ARM platforms.
- Good understanding and use of Docker.
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to: