This opportunity is remote friendly during COVID-19
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking solution. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
HD Maps are a key component to building self-driving technology. Here in Tusimple, the Map team is responsible for developing the cutting edge algorithms to produce highly accurate, up-to-date and realistic representation of the roads. The results are a critical input to the downstream localization, perception, and planning modules.
Role Responsibilities and examples of work
- Automate and streamline map data generation and update pipeline
- Develop and improve internal tools for viewing and editing maps
- Work closely with cross functional teams for rapid development on algorithm prototypes
- Develop and improve internal map tools for map verification and production
- Scale up mapping algorithms to support our Autonomous Freight Network
What You'll Bring:
- Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineer or other related fields.
- Product-quality code in Python and/or C++
- Solid knowledge and proven practical experience in one or more of the following fields: GIS or map development, distributed systems, cloud computing, docker-based technologies
- 3 years of industrial experience
- Previous experience with AWS (S3, EC2, EMR)
- Previous experience with sensor data such as 3D point cloud and camera images
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training
- Company paid gym membership
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.