This opportunity is remote friendly during COVID-19
Tusimple is the self-driving technology company with a mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. Vehicle control modules are an integral part of the algorithm stack, with significant responsibilities in the execution of intended decisions and maneuvers while maintaining safety, stability, and efficiency of the autonomous truck.
Example projects we are working on include:
- Powertrain-level optimal longitudinal control for improved safety and efficiency
- Benchmark-driven, robust lateral control under different vehicle configurations and disturbances
- Vehicle state and constraint estimation to support multiple chassis and powertrain characteristics
- Joint development of vehicle control interfaces, feedback signals, and redundancies with our OEM and Tier-1 supplier partners for production-grade Level-4 operation.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver high-quality and reliable code for control and estimation modules on autonomous driving trucks
- Develop the cutting edge optimal, robust, non-linear control algorithms for a complex system operating in challenging real-world scenarios
- Gain experience in system modeling and identification through cascaded models of plant components and their interactions, and data-driven methods
- Collaborate with other engineers to conduct system integration and tests.
What You'll Bring:
- Masters in Electrical, Mechanical, System & Industrial Engineering, Robotics or other related fields.
- Product-quality code in C++ and/or Python.
- Hands-on experience with vehicle systems in design/development/testing of control or estimation algorithms
- 1-5+ years of professional experience working with autonomous vehicles or ADAS.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or other related fields with a focus on control systems.
- Knowledge and experience in control methods including, but not limited to, Model Predictive Control, Robust Control, Optimal Control, or Adaptive Control
- Demonstrated ability to prototype and implement controllers on physical systems
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19