This opportunity is remote friendly during COVID-19
TuSimple Company Overview
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking solution. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks has fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago to bring the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple Localization and Calibration team is responsible for sensor calibration and ego localization, one of the most valuable areas in autonomous driving. We seek highly motivated scientists and team leaders to innovate state-of-art algorithms for online/offline sensor calibration and ego localization that meet ASIL level functional safety. You will have the opportunities to access freshly collected data, our large-scale computing clusters, and work closely with other talents in this field in building the next generation of autonomous driving systems.
Localization - Senior 3D Learning Scientist/Tech Lead/Manager
Role Responsibilities and examples of work
- Explore learning-based solutions in 3D tasks, such as point cloud registration, SLAM, location retrieval, depth/stereo estimation.
- Research and prototype development using deep learning and SLAM algorithms.
- Formulate ill-defined problems with data driven approaches for autonomous trucks driving.
- Lead and collaborate with engineers across a variety of teams to brainstorm and accelerate the development.
Experience & Skills Preferred
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or other related fields.
- 3+ years of professional experience.
- Strong coding skills in Python and C/C++.
- Solid knowledge of 3D geometry, SLAM, SfM, VO/VIO algorithms.
- Solid knowledge of machine learning, deep learning and robotics.
- Solid understanding and experience of applying deep learning to real 3D problems in the fields of computer vision and robotics.
- Strong publication record at top-tier computer vision or machine learning venues (CVPR, ICCV, NIPS, ICML, ECCV).
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
Remote friendly during COVID-19