This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19. Will require relocation to San Diego, CA / Seattle, WA / SF Bay Area
To be directly considered, please submit resume to: email@example.com
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
Build & Release tools play a critical role in the software delivery velocity and quality. As we aim to build a world-class technology team, how we build and release sets up the foundation toward that excellence. In this role, you will be part of a software engineering team to develop the in-house build & packaging CLI, internal package management service, vehicle software build & management service, and test management & reporting tool. You will have exposure to various technologies with large scale & modern tech stacks, including full stack microservices and command line tools, which has a tremendous impact on the day to day of autonomous driving softwares.
- Develop full stack microservices running on Kubernetes cluster that enables developers and scientists to deliver and manage algorithm packages and autonomous driving softwares.
- Support and troubleshoot incidents from the services to minimize disruption to engineering productivity. Analyze the root cause and come up with improvement plans.
- Build command line tool which supports building C++ and Python applications, as well as managing packages and dependencies.
- Track metrics and logs in the services and tools to understand usage, predict abnormal activity and help troubleshooting.
- Work with team members to plan features, breakdown tasks and deliver results. Proactively communicate and properly document for knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to the growth of a high performing engineering team with engineering excellence in mind. Value extreme ownership, craftsmanship, simplicity, trust and growth mindset.
Experience & Skills Required
- At least 2 years of industrial experience as a software engineer.
- Experience with developing and maintaining large scale full stack microservices.
- Experience with one of the modern frontend frameworks, e.g. Vue.js, React, Angular, etc..
- Experience with one of the modern web application frameworks, e.g. Flask, Express, MVC, etc
- Experience with databases like PostgreSQL, Dynamodb, MongoDB.
- Experience with cloud services, such as AWS.
- Experience with devops.
- Experience with structured logging & metrics.
- Experience with managing monitors & dashboards to alert incidents and help troubleshooting.
- Experience with developing command line tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Annual Performance Bonus $$
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.