You can apply to the job with this email address: email@example.com
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
This exciting challenge requires a successful candidate to codify and integrate architecture of complex algorithms and modules into a harmonized whole. TuSimple’s Staff Autonomy Systems Engineer analyzes system components and drives cross-functional collaboration and analysis to ensure our autonomous solutions are developed and implemented inline with requirements, across the full development life-cycle. The Staff Autonomy Systems Engineer operates as a technical leader who: decomposes vehicle requirements into detailed functional and performance requirements, partners with cross-functional teams to define a wide variety of additional system requirements, ensures implementation aligns with architecture, and operates as a bridge between cross-functional teams to ensure collaboration and discussion occur prior to decisions being made. In addition, the Staff Autonomy Systems Engineer acts as a resource and mentor to less experienced engineering staff and may lead a small team of less experienced System Engineers.
- Collaborate to deliver architectural coherence and support performance, safety, modularity, redundancy, quality tradeoff analysis of the autonomy system
- Deploy systematic approach to decompose vehicle level requirements to functional and performance requirements.
- Work cross functionally to articulate module level system requirements and define associated test plans
- Further develop, expand and manage the autonomy system state machine
- Maintain interface documents of the autonomy modules
- Work with Hardware and Onboard software team to define sensor, computing, network and redundancy requirements
- Perform code reviews to ensure implementation is congruent with architecture
- Mentor and advance system engineering processes
- Gather systems information, standards, complex algorithms and modules, etc. and integrates all into documents which define the system as a whole.
- Drive discussion and collaboration with cross-functional teams to conduct trade-off analysis and support decisions being made related to performance, safety, modularity, redundancy, quality of the autonomy system.
- Define the detailed functional and performance requirements through decomposition of the high-level vehicle requirements.
- Articulate module level system requirements and define associated test plans. Partner with cross-functional teams to define sensor, computing, network, and redundancy requirements.
- Steer and influence diverse teams of engineers to define the system architecture for advanced autonomous solutions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on the technical execution of system architecture development activities across the full development life cycle, including requirements generation, system and software design, implementation, integration and test, etc.
- Perform code reviews to ensure implementation aligns with architecture.
- Apply advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Contribute to the development of new principles and theories.
- Foster cross-functional team work and promotes collaboration, coordination and consistent communication among stakeholders. Build trusted relationships with partner teams, both internal and external, to ensure alignment with priorities.
Experience & Skills Required :
- 6 years of experience in system engineering and/or systems architecture, including experience within the Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS), Autonomous Driving (AD), or Robotics industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Robotics, or related field. (Preferred: Master’s Degree in similar field)
- Expert in applying System Engineering processes and tools
- System architecture and OpsCon development
- Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
- FMEA, DFMEA, FTA, P-Diagram, Boundary diagram development
- Experience with Jama or other formal requirements management tools
- Working knowledge of SO/IEC 15288 or IEEE 1220 or ANSI/EIA 632 or ARP4754A
- Familiar with ISO 21448 or ISO26262 or DO-178B/C, ARP4761 etc.
- Experience in design and development of distributed autonomous system or robotic systems
- Experience with at least one core robotics and autonomy concept including perception, planning, prediction, localization, or controls.
- Experience in C++/Python
- Experience with the ROS and Linux
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
You can apply to the job with this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org__system_engineer_dffb123a2us@ivy.greenhouse.io