Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Director, Enterprise Applications creates and directs the roadmap for global application development, testing, and support, including data integration across a diverse and decentralized computing environment. Leading a team of highly skilled, senior technical and business professionals, the incumbent oversees enterprise application architecture, employs strong functional business knowledge for decision making, and uses strong proficiency with business process re-engineering and large-scale ERP/CRM/PLM/PDM initiatives to ensure TuSimple’s application needs are met in the current state and anticipated for the future state. They ensure that Enterprise Applications projects and portfolios are defined, tracked, and communicated in a consistent and effective manner, incorporating effective release, and change and risk management controls within an end-to-end service delivery model.
The Director, Enterprise Applications works closely with leadership across TuSimple’s various groups for the purpose of identifying, recommending, developing, implementing, and supporting cost-effective technology solutions that are scalable and align with the automation-first environment. Across phases of hypergrowth and stability, the Director, Enterprise Applications, prioritizes human capital scalability, establishes structure in a flexible manner that allows all team members to thrive, and determines the critical balance between reliability and velocity. They elevate change resilience, reliability, and security within the group and across its projects, all while cultivating and maintaining a culture centered around the power of purpose and effective communication. In the face of changing priorities, they exemplify a high sense of urgency and commitment to supporting all of their internal client groups so that greater business objectives are consistently met.
- Defines and executes on the tactical and strategic roadmap for the Enterprise Applications department; accountable for portfolio projects and ensuring that service delivery is feasible, timely, cost-effective, secure, compliant, and of maximum quality.
- Leads a team of senior business/enterprise application professionals/managers and ensures that strategic and tactical decisions for business tools and applications are effectively carried out. Responsible for taking proof-of-concept to a mission critical service.
- Leads strategic technological planning as it relates to applications and cloud-based distributed systems to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, development, deployment, and management of current and future application technologies with all stakeholders.
- Drives architectural change to support application migration to cloud technologies, where applicable and introduces automation and orchestration of manual processes to improve efficiency (CI/CD).
- Manages the expenses (operating and capital) for Enterprise Application budgets in conjunction with the finance controllers to ensure all funding requests follow the appropriate governance processes.
- Ensures compliance with quality and security processes and procedures, identifying and addressing any compliance issues.
- Ensures full analysis related to third party vendors and resources, including quality, spend, delivery and all other necessary metrics; manages strategy and agreements, ensuring value-add for deployment on prioritized initiatives.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of global, state and federal laws and regulations related to data privacy and overall compliance.
- Partners with the security and compliance leaders to implement and operationalize necessary controls and policies.
- Meets with governance committees, business leaders, decision makers, and end users to advise on high impact initiatives and consult on strategy.
- Guarantees the effectiveness of all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis and definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment.
- Serves as the ERP Subject Matter Expert (SME); guarantees the successful delivery of ERP application related projects within the defined timelines.
- Builds and maintains strong internal client relationships. Identifies and investigates current and potential clients’ application needs; stated and unstated. Proactively develops competitive solutions and proposals to address needs. Maintains internal client satisfaction through regular feedback requests, strong communication, and business reviews.
- Determines, establishes and tracks progress against service level objectives (SLO’s).
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and guidelines (including SOX) to ensure the quality of financial data and performs regular data audits; resolves data integrity issues.
- Reviews end-user usage of systems and tracks application performance in order to make high-impact decisions.
- Establishes strong partnerships with vendors; negotiates access agreements, establishes service level agreements, and ensures contracts are in place to meet organizational needs.
- Matures TuSimple’s IT Service Management procedures and tools.
- Stays abreast of new and evolving market trends, best practices, and industry specific information. Researchs, monitors, and analyzes trends related to enterprise applications specific to the industry, and beyond. Provides thought leadership, insights, and recommendations for optimizing enterprise applications and streamlining processes.
- Provides strong leadership in the recruitment, training and development of top-quality enterprise application talent, ensuring the high level of performance and productivity. Builds morale, motivates and instills productivity and teamwork, creates and promotes a positive and supportive work environment. Creates a culture of continuous improvement for processes, systems, data, training, people, etc.
Experience & Skills Required
- 9+ years of increasingly complex Enterprise Applications experience including System Analysis, Design, Procurement, Testing, Implementation, Documentation, Vendor Management, and License Management, including 5+ years of experience with ERP software.
- 2+ years of experience leading a technical team, providing significant technical and non-technical mentorship.
- Demonstrated experience executing on organizational vision and strategy.
- Prior experience leading digital transformations and designing modern technology delivery capabilities – Cloud, Dev/Ops, continuous development/deployment, agile methodologies, analytics, artificial intelligence, and RPA/automation.
- Proven ability to develop and implement a strategic Enterprise Applications roadmap to build and achieve a best-in-class organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and motivate EA teams to effectively and efficiently accomplish goals. Ability to create a sense of “team.”
- Proven experience building and improving processes and promoting quality.
- Superior negotiation skills; proven track record of successfully negotiating with large high profile suppliers and vendors. Ability to analyze and influence business terms and conditions with vendors to ensure minimum risk related to company purchases.
- Proven experience managing software vendors and contract requirements.
- Proven ability to manage a portfolio of multiple concurrent projects serving multiple constituencies and sponsors.
- Experience with companies with distributed operations and ability to understand the complexities of integrating a successful data driven connected enterprise.
- Advanced prospecting, market analysis, and critical thinking skills.
- Full understanding of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices and strong understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in using Jira (or similar tools) and agile iterative development methodologies; sprint planning, change management, etc.
- Demonstrated experience architecting, consulting, implementing and customizing solutions and workflows.
- Demonstrated ERP integration and customization experience.
- Experience with middleware, reporting, and Modern user interface (UI) tools and technologies.
- Experience working in a large enterprise network environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge in technologies such as SQL queries, automation, and scripting.
- Knowledge of API, Web Services, REST and other integration technologies.
- Project management and system implementation experience.
- Strong understanding of business processes and requirements
- Understanding of server administration, user account management, and architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with debugging tools.
- Ability to provide on-premise and SaaS tool configuration, monitoring, and support.
- Experience working with solution owners/product owners to capture requirements, document operational playbooks for new tools/applications and define support workflow.
- Should possess understanding of network and server configuration and management.
- Strong industry knowledge and ability to adapt to future technology changes.
- Experience with SOX readiness and compliance for systems and data stack.
- Experience participating in, or leading, governance committees.
- Ability to analyze large volumes of complex data and distill it down to provide timely insights and actionable intelligence.
- High levels of personal integrity when conducting the professional affairs of the organization and dealing with sensitive and confidential data relating to risks and costs.
- Calmness and clarity of thought while under pressure.
- The ability to uphold the goals and culture of the organization.
- Intellectually curious with a strong bias to action.
- Client focused and highly collaborative.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm in a dynamic corporate environment.
- Critical thinker; able to evaluate and distill multiple streams of information, formulate and ask important questions, then make informed recommendations and/or decisions.
- Superior decision-making skills with established understanding of business implication of decisions.
- Understands the importance of "big picture" thinking and planning. Able to apply business acumen to focus on key success factors for the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Capable of listening and obtaining clarification, changing approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to effectively partner with cross-functional teams to coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Highly persuasive; can build rapport and effectively influence the actions and opinions of others at all levels of the organization. Able to effectively and respectfully challenge the status quo and drive change.
- Superior understanding for the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and support projects of varying complexity concurrently.
- Established history of taking a thoughtful action-oriented approach for meeting the demands of multiple internal customer groups and operational needs.
- Driven to learn and a commitment to keeping current with best practices and emerging industry trends in a quickly evolving sector.
- Established history of taking a thoughtful action-oriented approach for meeting the demands of multiple internal customers and operational needs.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain steady leadership throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progressive start-up environments.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.