Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The Tech Lead Manager (TLM), Client Technology Group leads a dynamic team of technical professionals who provide complex and high level support escalation, and undertake build/fix/integration work for a variety of infrastructure items at TuSimple. They are accountable for executing on the strategic development of the End User Technology environment, the definition and implementation of standards/policies and the management of some key global services to end user devices (i.e. Windows, Apple/MAC).
The TLM, Client Technology Group leads care for backend infrastructure supporting frontend solutions, and implements project solutions. As such, they work closely with engineers and technology\business partners to understand needs, design/architect solutions, and provide senior end user compute services.
The TLM, Client Technology Group has substantial domain knowledge and stays abreast of emerging technologies; they provide expertise in the delivery of new technologies and in enhancing capabilities with collaboration and mobile workspaces. The incumbent adapts to changing priorities and ensures the team is meeting it’s deadlines. They exemplify a high sense of urgency and commitment to supporting all of their client groups so that greater business objectives are consistently met.
- Leads the team that is responsible for the provisioning and build process, configuration management of the laptop, desktop and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environments (Windows, Linux)
- Leads the team in deploying new enterprise level solutions, improving the services and defining new standards.
- Guides efforts in the development of a long-term roadmap for a refined user experience and the successful execution of the new capabilities on Windows, Mac and Ubuntu platforms.
- Works collaboratively with the End User Services team to solve technical problems, improve process/procedures and focus on customer experience.
- Delivers technical training, mentoring, and coaching.
- Oversees the automated imaging process for desktops, laptops, and VDI environments.
- Leads the maintenance of the key services including Client Platform standard (Windows 10/Apple MAC), SCCM, Jamf, Intune/Mobile Iron, Group Policies for Windows clients.
- Integrates and supports solutions based on Windows, MacOSX, Ubiquiti, Fortinet, Cisco, VMware, HyperV, AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
- Applies upgrades and security patches for the associated operating systems, software and hardware in accordance to the organizations patch management philosophy. Works collaboratively to assist others in the deployment of application-based patches.
- Undertakes various server configurations, virtual server needs, patch management enterprise monitoring as it relates to client technology solutions.
- Provides escalated support to the End User Services team, performing necessary problem-solving actions to ensure timely resolution to users per defined service level objectives/agreements.
- Promotes collaboration with other technology teams to solve problems.
- Documents end user issues, solutions and processes for problem resolutions in the tracking/ticketing system. Assists in updating technical knowledge base with troubleshooting and problem resolution information.
- Automates processes with various scripting languages and drives an automation-first culture.
- Configures virtual server infrastructure, Active Directory and core services DNS/DHCP responsible for backup environments and disaster recovery processes.
- Responsible for enterprise scale hybrid configuration and design of Microsoft technologies.
- Assists with the design, configuration, installation, maintenance and management of the development of a long-term roadmap for a refined user experience and the successful execution of the new capabilities.
- Actively mentors and coaches team members for career development.
- Leads the way in planning for the adoption and operation of technologies to enhance and drive collaboration and support of a growing national/mobile workforce.
- Champions engineering best-practices, tooling, efficiency, automation, and continuous improvement.
Experience & Skills Required
- 7+ years of increasingly complex experience in a client technology environment.
- 1+ year of experience leading a technical team, providing significant technical mentorship.
- Knowledge of current and new technologies, technology directions, and strategic application to business needs
- Solid experience deploying and maintaining infrastructure configuration and automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Saltstack in a fast moving complex environment.
- Ability to improve operational efficiency and service delivery effectiveness across all lines of business and technology platforms
- Expert ability to automate processes with various scripting languages.
- Enterprise Linux administrator experience - Debian based systems preferred
- Expert in configuring virtual server infrastructure, Active Directory, backup environments and disaster recovery processes.
- Advanced scripting skills with PowerShell, Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Experience with Splunk configurations
- Plan, implement, and maintain of Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Ability to interface with clients with technical ability and professionalism
- Good communicator able to work with technical and non-technical personnel
- Understanding of enterprise scale Hybrid configuration of Microsoft technologies.
- Ability to configure and deploy multi-factor authentication technologies such as Microsoft MFA and Cisco Duo.
- Understanding of RADIUS authentication for managing network access
- Solid understanding of identity and access management (IAM) concepts and principles
- Proficient in UNIX/Linux and Windows
- Deep knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects as well as Network concepts (ie. DNS, DHCP)
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based technologies such as Microsoft Azure, GCP and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Ability to deploy on-premise and cloud-based technology solutions utilizing current security best practices.
- Hands-on experience with virtualization platforms such as Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere.
- Ability to install, configure, maintain, and monitor client server environments with an emphasis on Windows Server 2019.
- Demonstrated experience creating and executing statements of work and project plans.
- Ability to work within a ticketing system, prior Jira experience a plus.
- Exposure to networking with the ability to troubleshoot common networking issues.
- Ability to design, configure, maintain Thin Client, TCP/IP, IPSEC, SSL, RDP and VPN protocols.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills, prioritizing to ensure superior performance and client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire, and motivate teams to effectively and efficiently accomplish goals and provide excellent customer service to internal customers/users.
- Instills a sense of calmness and confidence in end-users while working through technical challenges.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Capable of listening and obtaining clarification, changing approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to effectively partner with cross-functional teams to coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate verbally and in writing, translating technical jargon to correspond with the audience's knowledge and understanding.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and support projects of varying complexity concurrently.
- Established history of taking a thoughtful action-oriented approach for meeting the demands of multiple internal customer groups and operational needs.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain steady leadership throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progresive start-up environments.
- Strong business acumen; keenness and quickness in understanding business objectives and works to support the objectives through relevant contributions.
- Natural problem solver; analytical and oriented towards diagnosis and remediation.
- Creative and proactive thinker; can employ a user mindset and generate solutions and proactive recommendations for optimal end user experience.
- Driven to learn and a commitment to keeping current with best practices and emerging industry trends in a quickly evolving sector.
- Adept at leading groups of people with diverse perspectives to acceptable solutions
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.