This opportunity is located in Tucson, AZ.
You can apply to the job with this email address: email@example.com
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Project Manager oversees small projects in support of TuSimple’s Program Management function. In this role, the Project Manager provides leadership to a small cross-functional team, ensuring their focus and clarity on project objectives and success with delivering projects on schedule. The Project Manager is responsible for identifying and mitigating any project risk, escalating as necessary, and regularly communicating progress versus plan to the appropriate parties.
In this role, you will closely partner with senior Electrical Engineering leadership to manage our portfolio of critical electrical engineering projects associated with our Autonomous Driving System hardware.
Join us and be a part of excellence!
- Develops and maintains project schedule, in conjunction with the project team, to meet milestones and completion dates. Ensures short term plans are in place and communicated, as needed.
- Conducts workload planning, tracking and forecasting. Streamlines workflows.
- Ensures project risk register is created and maintained.
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and available resources.
- Provides leadership to project team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Effectively collaborates with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to monitor project KPIs, proactively overcome project challenges and mitigate risk. Ensures project team members meet assigned project deliverables and deadlines. Ensures the project is delivered on time, within scope and budget.
- Ensures the project is maintained according to approved plans, specifications and that high quality standards are maintained..
- Leads project meetings with stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression. Provides project status reports to senior leadership.
- Effectively manages project deliverable changes and determines their impact on related and interdependent tasks and projects.
- Effectively communicates progress v. plan.
- Identifies areas where processes could be improved. Initiates improvement plan for simpler issues.
- Leads project kick-off and close out activities. Outlines, documents and shares lessons-learned.
- Sets project's strategic plan based on the program or functional team's strategic objectives. Clearly defines and sets project objectives, KPIs, and scope. Cascades strategy, objectives and KPIs to project stakeholders, ensuring all project staff understand their roles, responsibilities and individual impact in meeting project objectives.
Experience & Skills Required
- 6+ years combined experience with Project Management AND relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience in automotive program management, driving APQP engineering deliverables (FMEA, DVP&R, PPAP, etc)
- Extensive experience in automotive electronic ECU development
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Proven success with leading several small cross-functional teams, ensuring clear focus and direction, and delivering projects on schedule.
- Experience creating and maintaining project plans, including: scope, schedules, resources and risks.
- Demonstrated ability to determine actual v. plan and communicate status.
- Established ability to manage and resolve minor project risk/issues. Able to escalate more complex matters in a timely manner.
- Ability to provide clear and effective direction to Project Analysts, as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence for basic/routine project needs.
- Established ability to effectively and successfully influence, provide guidance and feedback to cross-functional teams.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
This opportunity is located in Tucson, AZ.
You can apply to the job with this email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Brown University, California Institute of Technology, Carnegie Mellon University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Duke University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard University, Harvey Mudd College, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, North Carolina State University, Northwestern University, Princeton University, Purdue University, Rice University, Rose - Hulman Institute of Technology, Stanford University, Tufts University, University of California — Berkeley, University of California — Los Angeles, University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, University of Maryland--College Park, University of Massachusetts--Amherst, University of Michigan--Ann Arbor, University of Notre Dame, University of Pennsylvania, University of Southern California, University of Texas Austin, University of Washington, University of Wisconsin--Madison, Williams College, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Yale University, MIT, CMU, Waymo, Uber, Facebook, Uber, Amazon, Cruise, Tesla, Argo AI, Baidu, DIDI, Zoox, Nutonomy, Nuro, Aptiv, Pony.Ai, Kodiak, Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford, VW, Autonomous Car, Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep learning, Perception, Prediction, Planning, Control, Anduril Industries, Sift, Nauto, Tempus, Salesforce, Automation Anywhere, SenSat, Phrasee, Defined Crowd, Pymetrics,Siemens, Socure, AEye, Rev.com, Suki.ai, Verkada, DataVisor, People.ai, AlphaSense, Icertis, Casetext, Blue River Tech, Nvidia, Bright Machines, Orbital Insight, Brighterion, H2O, Intel, Clarifa, X.ai, Zebra Medical Vision, Iris AI, Freenome, Neurala, Akamai, Zoho, ServiceNow, SalesForce, Oracle, Tableau,Splunk,Cvent, Veeam,Atlassian, DocuSign, Dropbox, Veeva Systems, Proofpoint, Cornerstone, Qualtrics. New Relic, Okta, Intralinks, MuleSoft, Freshworks, Slack, Twilio, Anaplan, Stripe, Workfront, Smartsheet, Zuora, OutSystems, Coupa, Cylance, Elastic, Zoom, SailPoint, BlackLine, iCIMS, Digitate, Qualys, Kareo, DataStax, DiscoverOrg, Siteimprove, Druva, Centrify, Looker, SimilarWeb, Odoo, Kyriba, Sumo Logic, Sisense, PagerDuty, DigitalOcean, Liquid Web, Zaloni, Databricks, ServiceTitan, Fastly, SnapLogic, Mendix, Couchbase, Egnyte, Seismic, Bill.com, Justworks, Collibra, ActiveCampaign, Schoology, SalesLoft, Cylynt,