This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The perception team develops cutting edge technologies to help our truck perceive the world. You will play an important role in creating novel algorithms for advanced perception and applying your algorithm on terabytes of data. You will also work closely with other talents in this field in building the next-generation of autonomous sensing algorithms.
Example projects that we are working on:
- Temporal association of data from multiple sensors, including camera, LiDAR, RADAR and more
- Object tracking and state estimation in challenging real world scenarios
- Encoding perception uncertainty and collaborate with prediction team to make the system safe and robust
- Formulate, prototype and deploy robust and reliable solutions to cutting-edge perception problems, including sensor fusion, tracking, and state estimation.
- Investigate and develop computer vision algorithms and machine learning models for the perception system.
- Build benchmark with proper methodology and analyze large-scale data to characterize algorithms performance.
- Closely collaborate with other teams to conduct system design, integration and tests.
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a M.S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or other related fields.
- Hands-on experience in computer vision, machine learning for perception, robotics, autonomous system, object tracking, sensor fusion, localization and mapping etc.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ and Python
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Enrolled in a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or other related fields.
- Extensive experience in computer vision, machine learning for perception, robotics, autonomous system, object tracking, sensor fusion, localization and mapping etc.
- Publications in top-tier computer vision/machine learning conferences and/or journals.
- Knowledge and experience of GPU computation or CUDA acceleration.
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
You can apply to the job with this email address: