Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The Information Security Analyst III contributes to the protection of TuSimple’s sensitive and mission-critical data, IT infrastructure, applications, and systems through routine security assessments, scans, and audits. In addition, they proactively help generate solutions that prevent information/systems from being stolen, damaged, or compromised. The incumbent stays abreast of required regulatory standards and utilizes their knowledge to help develop, implement, and ensure compliance of industry-informed security policies at TuSimple. The Information Security Analyst III keeps a broad perspective as they look at both internal and external factors that pose a risk to their mandate of keeping TuSimple’s data and systems secure; they conduct risk assessments, vulnerability assessments, and defense planning on an ongoing basis. They are also actively involved in filling security gaps and assisting with the installation, configuration, and deployment of cybersecurity infrastructure. Acting as a champion for Information Security, the Information Security Analyst III is a strong communicator and helps promote information security awareness within the organization, as well as, participates in training employees on company security and information safeguarding. The incumbent employs a proactive mindset but is also highly responsive when required to be reactive. They find gaps, solve problems, thrive under pressure, and have an unrelenting drive to achieve and maintain optimal levels of security.
- Researches required regulatory standards and TuSimple’s information systems to determine appropriate technical controls and technologies to fill security gaps.
- Assists in the development of appropriate information security policies, standards, procedures, checklists, and guidelines using generally-recognized security concepts tailored to meet the requirements of the organization.
- Conducts routine and AdHoc security assessments of IT infrastructure, enterprise applications, and production systems.
- Performs vulnerability scans, analysis, reporting, and subsequent remediation actions.
- Performs regular gap analysis and auditing/monitoring of activities for anomalous or security relevant events; participates in the identification of root causes to determine and implement corrective actions/preventive actions (CAPA).
- Monitors and tests the deployment of security infrastructure to ensure its full deployment and effectiveness.
- Investigates, triages, and assists in the containment of all potential cybersecurity incidents.
- Assists with incident response through the life cycle including following up with lessons learned and remediation measures to prevent similar future incidents.
- Reviews and verifies security patch processes to ensure critical patches are applied to systems properly.
- Assists with product evaluations; recommends and helps implement enterprise security products/services. Validates and tests security architecture and design solutions to recommended vendor technologies.
- Conducts 3rd-party vendor risks assessments OR Performs and manages Supplier Risk Assessments.
- Assists with the installation, configuration, and deployment of cybersecurity infrastructure across workstations, servers and system platforms
- Assists with the development, planning and performance of penetration tests; interprets results, and develops and communicates recommendations for improvement to management.
- Assists with the ongoing management of compliance audit strategy and program; works with the key compliance stakeholders to identify and remediate cybersecurity risks in a timely fashion.
- Stays abreast of TuSimple’s compliance policies/procedures and applicable laws/regulations; measures and reports IT compliance performance against internal and external benchmarks and industry best practice.
- Provides support for SOX Audits and related activities such as planning and conducting periodic User Access Reviews, business and IT process walkthroughs, evidence management etc.
- Assists with developing and facilitating internal training programs to elevate awareness on information security practices.
- Establishes and maintains relationships across the organization.
- Provides guidance and training to other members of the team, as required.
Experience & Skills Required
- 2 years of related working experience in performing a cybersecurity role or duties combined with a relevant undergraduate degree OR
- 6 years of related working experience in performing a cybersecurity role or duties combined with a professional cybersecurity certification.
- Automotive cybersecurity experience, strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of security across various platforms.
- Basic knowledge of Windows and Linux command line interface (CLI).
- Experience using industry standard or open source vulnerability scanning or security patching tools.
- Strong working knowledge of operating system and network security principles
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.