This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19
You can apply to the job with this email address:
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Tusimple is the self-driving technology company with a mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. Planning plays a critical role in the mission. At Tusimple, the planning team is responsible for generating optimized trajectories for our self-driving truck. The planning module includes important components such as lane change decision, motion planning and trajectory ranking.
Example projects we are working on include:
- Proactive lane change algorithms to make our lane change natural, smooth and safe
- Longitudinal and Lateral joint optimization to handle sudden cut-in and complicated merge scenarios
- Perception and prediction uncertainty handling in motion planning
- Learning based planning algorithms (both deep learning and reinforcement learning)
- Deliver high-quality and reliable code for planning modules on autonomous driving trucks
- Develop the cutting edge stochastic optimization algorithms in decision making
- Gain experience in convex optimization algorithms for motion planning
- Build advanced models for machine learning based planning algorithms
- Collaborate with other engineers to conduct system integration and tests.
- Masters, PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Math/statistics or other related fields.
- Experience in designing and building data pipelines.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience working with autonomous vehicles.
- Product-quality code in C++ and/or Python.
- Knowledge and experience in convex optimization, non-linear optimization, stochastic optimization, Markov decision process
- Knowledge and experience in advanced learning algorithms include deep learning, reinforcement learning, inverse reinforcement learning, GAN
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.