You can apply for the job with this email address:
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Director of Perception with expertise in leading the development of perception capabilities for autonomous vehicles. The ideal candidate will be a software expert who has overseen a process from the R&D phase through product shipment and has a passion for leading teams and developing real-world solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing the Perception technical roadmap, leading a team of talented research scientists and software engineers, collaborating with technical leadership in other areas such as Planning, System Architecture, and Sensors and ultimately delivering solutions for our autonomous driving system.
This team solves problems that involve computer vision: processing sensor data from Lidar or imagery and geometrically reasoning about that data. That data gets used in localization to estimate pose relative to the map or, over time, calibration to produce high-quality calibrations of the sensors and vehicle, and in mapping to geometrically align the world.
- Interview, hire, and manage a diverse team of talented Perception Engineers and Scientist
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects and provide the team with technical leadership.
- Set the vision for, grow, and lead a variety of strong technical teams with a mix of vision and Lidar algorithm experience and strong software experience.
- Work on geometric and learning-based approaches to improve our visual localization and mapping system
- Be deep in code with strength in software and algorithms.
- Collaborate with engineers across a variety of teams to brainstorm and accelerate the development of perception capabilities.
- Design, implement and validate algorithms to support robust and scalable mapping pipelines for TuSimple s self-driving Trucks. In addition, you will also design and implement necessary metrics and tools
- Deliver safety-critical software for self-driving cars by leading, managing, and growing a team of Perception engineers & scientists.
- Lead the design and implementation of the Perception of the technical roadmap
- Deep expertise in multi-modal perception and vision development
- Strong leadership skills suitable for recruiting, leading, and managing small sets of teams of teams of engineers to solve a challenging problem and build a critical component of a real-time system
- Recent experience in implementing vision & perception algorithms
- Expertise in implementing autonomy solutions and deploying on real-world systems
- You have grown a diverse Research Team
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- A hands-on candidate who can lead teams to solve these challenges
- Strong fundamentals in geometric computer vision algorithms
- Ability to be deep into code and know how to drive a team to produce high quality, runtime and a memory-efficient, robust software product that can operate robustly under a range of real-world conditions
- Strong software, and software engineering skills are required but we are language agnostic. A willingness to gain stronger software engineering knowledge and deep expertise in C++ and/or Python is required
- Strong theoretical and applied knowledge of relevant subsets of relevant algorithms.
- Strong desire for candidates with hands-on experience that have deployed real products or platforms into the real world and intimately understand the challenges of working with complex systems
- Strong presentation and communication skills are desired.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Robotics, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience working in robots, automotive and/or aerospace
- Significant hands-on technical leadership and engineering management experience
- Track record of delivering complex technical projects
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
You can apply for the job with this email address: