Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
This role is located in San Diego, CA. Relocation assistance is provided.
Product management will work closely with our engineering team and outside development teams to define the features of our cloud application services that support the autonomous driving solution. The primary focus of this role is to ensure that user stories and story cards are properly prioritized, thoroughly defined and prepared in a timely manner to ensure efficient and quality agile sprints and product releases. The Product Manager will work with key stakeholders to prioritize work, address issues and ensure market and/or customer alignment.
- Develop detailed requirements, user stories, and wire-frames so the development team knows what to build
- Provide user interface design ideas when scoping and making decisions regarding user-facing features. Work closely with the UI/UX design team
- Manage the existing product backlog and help prioritize what will be delivered in upcoming releases
- Lead sprint planning and clearly communicate the business requirements
- Clear blockers impacting successful engineering team completion of release/sprint goals.
- Author new features for implementation with customer in mind
- Work with other product managers to provide the best customer experiences for the product suite and ensure alignment in the prioritization of the work
- Conduct research to support the requirements/acceptance criteria. Coordinate internal and external product acceptance
- Conduct the market/policy research, customer survey, competitor analysis to generate product requirements
- BS in Computer Science, SaaS/Mobile/Software Development or related engineering field
- 2-3+ years product management experience building and delivering successful products.
- Experience supply chain and cloud solution experience
- Experience working with global teams and diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience defining and delivering user stories and story cards, per agile development process
- Experience with supporting web-based software products
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multi-tasking and meet deadlines
- MBA or Master's Degree
- Experience in transportation, logistics, or telematics industry
- Experience in scheduling, dispatch or capacity planning applications
- Experience in delivering mobility applications in addition to web applications
- Self-starter/start-up mentality
- Experience in working with Jama or other product management tools
- Work with world class Engineers
- Shape the landscape of cloud services supporting autonomous driving
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training
- Company paid gym membership
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.