Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
This position requires relocation to San Diego, CA. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The TuSimple deep perception team is looking for a star PhD candidate! We develop cutting edge deep learning and machine learning based models to help our L4 autonomous driving trucks perceive the world. You will play a crucial role in creating novel algorithms for advanced perception and solving the challenging problems in the real world.
If you are interested in contributing to the revolutionary work of autonomous driving vehicles and creating a safer, more efficient, and environmentally friendly future of freight transportation, join us!
- Research, design, develop, and deploy novel, practical, and robust solutions to cutting-edge perception problems.
- Initiate and lead ambitious new projects to advance the perception capability of the system.
- Track record of publishing in top-tier conferences for one or more of the following topics: graph neural networks, generative models. The scope may include but not limit to spatial/spectral GNNs, higher-order GNNs, multiset graph partitioning, homogeneous/heterogeneous GNNs, conditional GAN, contrastive GAN, video GAN, diffusion model, etc.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or related fields.
- Experience as a self-motivated engineer/scientist to transform novel research ideas into experiments and products in a fast-iterating environment.
- Strong knowledge in deep learning, machine learning, and computer vision.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills to facilitate cross-team collaboration.
- Strong programming skills in Python or C++
- Familiar with Linux and deep learning frameworks (PyTorch/MXNET/TensorFlow).
- Experience of publishing a public dataset or creating a public library.
- Prior academic or industrial experience in autonomous driving.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training
- Company paid gym membership
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.