Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
The TuSimple deep perception team invents cutting edge deep learning and machine learning based models to help our L4 autonomous driving trucks perceive the world. As a fundamental component to support everyday research and development, the deep learning infrastructure group is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying dedicated tools, pipelines, services, and frameworks to help our tasks run on large-scale data efficiently and robustly. You will collaborate with algorithm engineers, software developers, project managers, and stakeholders to build the performant, efficient, and scalable infrastructure for our internal customers and to advance our team’s mission.
Example projects that you will be working on:
- Model training acceleration including network quantization and distributed training,
- Annotation service development including quality checker and structured data storage.
- Deep learning pipelines and tools including efficient sampling and stable model management.
- Own, design, develop, maintain, and improve deep learning data related tools and pipelines.
- Continuously improve deep learning training efficiency by identifying bottlenecks and optimizing performance.
- Work closely with cross-team customers, partners, and stakeholders to understand needs, address concerns, and drive alignment.
- (Optional) Build up technical roadmaps of the team’s products, and effectively participate in team planning, code reviews, and decision making.
- M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or other related fields.
- Strong software engineering skills and programming skills in Python and C++.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working with deep learning training frameworks. (PyTorch/TensorFlow/MXNET) for large-scale distributed training.
- Experience in deep learning/machine learning model lifecycle
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience of shipping production software in a team environment.
- Experience in building up automation framework of unit tests, integration tests, CI/CD (eg, Jenkins)
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Experience working with the autonomous driving industry.
- Experience working with deep learning/perception.
- Experience of project management and team leadership.
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training
- Company paid gym membership
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.