Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
Security takes a critical role in autonomous driving. As a Senior Security Software Engineer on the TuSimple Security Engineering team, you will work on the security projects, including authentication, authorization, services security integration, etc. Your work will guard the safety of autonomous driving services.
- Design and implement TuSimple AUTH solution with industry secure standards
- Support cloud and onboard security integration, including Java, Python and Go.
- Provide security guidance on TuSimple infrastructure and technologies
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security
- Troubleshooting and debugging security issues
- Help building a strong engineering culture with sense of ownership and good collaborations
Experience & Skills - Required
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- At least 5+ years of experience in secure software development.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more backend programming languages (Java, C++, Python)
- Experience with secure software development, data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security (VPNs).
- Experience with common development tools and services, such as version control software, dependency build tools, package managers, CI/CD pipeline, testing orchestration, and monitoring.
- Familiar with common programming design patterns and best practices
- Good communication skills and team player
- Strong attention to details and problem-solving skills
Experience & Skills - Preferred
- Experience with developing micro services using Kubernetes.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Experience with popular micro services standards and frameworks such as OpenAPI, Quarkus, etc..
- Experience with TypeScript, React
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plans
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Company 401(K) program with Company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid education/training
- Company-paid gym membership
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on-site at one of our office locations
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.