Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
This position prefer relocations to San Diego. Relocation assistance will be provided! Fully remote option will be reviewed case by case by business.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
- Apply various computational/statistical techniques on large datasets spanning various business-critical sources to unlock actionable insights
- Lead brainstorming sessions to develop and deploy novel data-driven solutions as part of a cross-functional team
- Continuously audit and improve technical processes/methods to match industry best practices that enable efficiency in tackling open-ended problems
- Provide technical mentorship that empowers the broader Data Science team
- Distill technical findings for various key decision makers
Experience and Skills required :
- BS with 6+ years or MS/PhD with 3-4 years of experience in analytics space
- Demonstrated competency in Python
- Demonstrated competency with SQL or NoSQL querying languages
- Experience with writing production level code
- Intermediate experience with other languages (C, C++, R)
- Demonstrated ability to take obscure/unstructured problems and successfully translating it into an addressable analytics framework
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate ETL/ELT using any aforementioned languages or other respective query languages
- Demonstrated ability to create intuitive and interpretable data visualizations
- Demonstrated ability to extract actionable insights from data
- Ability to clearly convey complex topics to non-technical audiences
- Experience coordinating team efforts while taking on some portion of IC work
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (ex: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Manage 2-3 projects at large scale
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Up to a 30% discretionary bonus.
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.