Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
San Diego, CA or Tucson, AZ
TuSimple Company Overview
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking solution. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks has fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago to bring the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple Localization and Calibration team is responsible for sensor calibration and ego localization, one of the most valuable areas in autonomous driving. We seek highly motivated navigation engineers and experts to support our navigation sensor testing operation using sensor applications, assisting engineering teams with deployment, and troubleshooting. In addition, we also explore the next generation of navigation sensors to support our business in the long run. The role requires interfacing with both operation engineers and algorithm developers.
Role Responsibilities and examples of work
- Providing product and application support on navigation sensors, such as GNSS receivers, antenna, and IMUs to the internal algorithm team.
- Help benchmark localization algorithms to ensure their performance for agile development.
- Performing software testing, verification, bug reports, and field trial coordination.
- Explore and test the next generation of navigation sensors, generate the testing report, and guide the new sensor model selection.
Experience & Skills Required
- Degree in Geomatics, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in GNSS and/or INS systems installation and troubleshooting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to get on with others.
- Good communication skills to precisely understand and deliver requirements.
- Demonstrating project management abilities and quantitative analysis skills with professional technical documentation skills.
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.