Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Tusimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and AI, Tusimple is working to create the first commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform with L4 (SAE) levels of safety.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of end user hardware and software. This individual ensures that hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards. The IT Support Specialist will be the initial point of contact for support and will be responsible for initial triage and routing ticket to proper support personnel.
- Provide Level 1 & 2 support for staff on Microsoft Windows, Ubuntu Linux, Office, and other software as well as supporting desktop, laptop, and mobile devices.
- Participate in Help Desk operations to provide prompt and thorough support to staff and maintaining accurate and timely updates to Help Desk cases.
- Conduct administration tasks such as resetting passwords, unlocking accounts, and adding/removing group memberships.
- Perform hardware maintenance on workstations, laptops, and other equipment including diagnosis, recommendation, repair, upgrade, and replacement as necessary.
- Keep current on IT developments, recommending upgrades in hardware/software systems as appropriate.
- Monitor and ensure installation of operating system updates and assigned software applications.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of the IT systems and deployments.
- Ability to configure, install, troubleshoot, and maintain workstations, laptops, and tablet PCs.
- Ability to setup and support Microsoft Windows, Ubuntu Linux, Office 365, and other office productivity software.
- Working knowledge of basic networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.).
- Knowledge of security fundamentals and concepts including device hardening for end user devices.
- At least 1 year of experience supporting Linux/Windows desktop/laptop environments
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on desktops & laptops
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both desktop and laptop PCs
- Customer service experience required
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.