This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Product Operations Intern supports the coordination and collection of data and insights from cross-functional teams and end-users, analyzing the information to provide feedback and recommendations to Product Management and R&D teams. The Product Operations Intern tracks issues and ensures resolution from cross-functional teams. In addition, the Product Operations Intern coordinates, tracks and maintains product-analysis documentation, assists with preparing status reports and presentations, and tracks cross-functional team issues, in relation to the Product, and actively supports issue resolution.
- Coordinates and conducts meetings to source data and insights from cross-functional teams and end-users; analyzes information and provides reports and insight to the Product team.
- Tracks issues and ensures that cross-functional teams address concerns.
- Conducts research to understand driver trends, road conditions, weather conditions and other relevant driving factors/operating conditions. Coordinates data annotation to ensure data is labeled and categorized appropriately.
- Coordinates, tracks and maintains all product analysis-related documentation, including datasheets, application notes, customer surveys, research, communications, and meeting minutes. Updates documentation as necessary. Updates and maintains product related pages, dashboards and other relevant data.
- Obtains KPIs and definitions/methodologies from Product Managers and more experienced Product Analysts; builds reports to help track the metrics.
- Prepares status reports and presentations on interim and final data analysis.
- Provides recommendations for improving internal processes and documents all approved process changes.
- Adopts a mindset of continuous improvement, with a bias toward quick action and constant learning.
Experience and Skills Required
- Enrolled in a MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related fields.
- Data analysis experience
- Experience with Python/R
- Project Management or Product Management experience (course work or internships)
- Strong communication skills and logical thinking
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to present complex issues in a simple and easy to understand manner, as applicable to the audience.
- Ability to gather detailed, meaningful product-user feedback, by asking intelligent clarifying questions.
- Passionate about the autonomous vehicle industry.
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
For immediate consideration email your resume to: