Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Corporate Strategy and Development Intern plays a key role in the development and evaluation of our strategy. Through close partnership with our executive management team, you will assist with analysis, develops recommendations, and help facilitate plans to support corporate strategies and growth initiatives.
- Supports the Corporate Strategy and Development team with assessment of leadership's strategies and growth initiatives.
- Assist with in-depth analysis of our industry, competitors, and business operations; develops a deep understanding of key value drivers; identifies opportunities and areas for improvement. Aids in the quantification and articulation of financial and strategic impact.
- Assists with cross-functional projects; communicates recommendations and helps drive outcomes with various stakeholders.
- Assists with the development of audience-appropriate, compelling materials to communicate, advance and/or advocate for the corporate strategy, strategic plan, as well as operational or financial initiatives.
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a MBA/MS program in Strategic Management, Corporate Strategy, Finance or related field.
- 2 years experience in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, and/or management consulting, or related field.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills combined with a practical, quantifiable and structured approach to problem solving.
- Experience building financial models and utilizing financial analysis to develop insights and drive recommendations.
- Ability to structure and develop thoughtful and practical recommendations driven by fact-based analysis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to present complex issues in a simple and easy to understand manner.
- Ability to independently develop presentations for communication with senior management or external partners.
- Proven capabilities in project management, including ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Experience with a start-up or fast growing tech company, strongly preferred.
Behavioral Skills Required:
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Intellectually curious with a strong bias to action.
- Enthusiastic team player looking to contribute at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Capable of listening and obtaining clarification, changing approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to effectively partner with cross-functional teams to coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent assignments while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills, including utilizing partnering, consulting, and leadership skills to build credibility as a "peer" across all levels within and externally of an organization.
- Ability to maintain quality of execution throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to fast-paced start-up environments.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred.
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
You can apply to the job with this email address: