This position is located in Tucson, AZ and requires onsite work.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The Manufacturing/Process Engineering Intern will generate work instructions to support build modules, create and maintain work orders, have ability to communicate effectively both verbally and non-verbally. Ability to derive customer requirements and deadlines. Review drawings and specifications as part of the design review and release process. Create and develop manufacturing process flows. Create and maintain shop floor documents. Posses project management skills.
Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products orto reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment,assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturingquality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
Determine root causes of failures or recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processingmethods, using statistical procedures.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Estimate labor, material, or construction costs for budget preparation purposes.
Able to read and interpret 2D and 3D engineering data, develop the manufacturing and assemblyprocess.
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a BS program in Mechanical Engineering
- Willing to work onsite at the Tucson facility
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science
and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the
design and production of various goods and services.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control,
costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to
develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
You can apply to the job with this email address: