This opportunity is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded in 2015 with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Artificial intelligence enabled automation is one of the biggest opportunities of our generation. Here at TuSimple, it is more than just an opportunity, it is our mission. Led by a group of elite researchers and engineers, we are working tirelessly to bring safe and reliable autonomous trucking to reality. This transformative endeavor can reduce energy consumptions in the trucking industry, make goods and services more affordable and efficient, and eventually, profoundly improve the quality of life of everyone, including you and I.
As a General Software Engineering Intern at TuSimple, you will have the opportunity to work on various backend projects. You will be developing and maintaining modules such as vehicle systems, embedded systems, simulation systems, and map. Your work ensures our algorithm scientists’ research can be successfully transformed into virtual driver software, and then easily deployed on the truck. You will also collaborate with engineers from different teams to optimize the backend systems to make sure they are efficient, robust and scalable.
- Design, develop, test, debug, and deploy software modules in autonomous driving systems, and/or in related platform and tools software
- Responsible for integrating multiple modules and systems into one platform
- Developing and maintaining key integrating tools and monitoring performance
Experience & Skills Required
- Enrolled in a MS//PhD program in Computer Science or related fields
- Strong background in developing production-quality software in C/C++ in Autonomous Driving, Robotics, Internet, Telecommunication, and other technology industries
- Proficiency in writing modern C++ (11 or above)
- Solid knowledge of operating system, distributed system, and networking
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Have experiences/courses in Autonomous Driving and/or Robotics
- Familiar with Linux environment and multi-threaded/multi-process programming
- Attended programming contests such as OI and ACM
- Development experiences in robotics middleware such as ROS
- Hands-on experiences in performance profiling, analysis, and optimization
- Knowledge of computer vision and/or machine learning
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Work on significantly important and mission critical projects
- Extensive individual support through TuSimple’s Mentorship Program
- Competitive salary
- High full-time employment return rates after completion of Internship Program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Onsite Perks (These perks will only be applicable if the internship is onsite)
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to: