Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
We are seeking a number-oriented financial analyst to join our Finance team!
The Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in supporting our business with making critical decisions through conducting strong financial and cost analysis, assisting with financial report preparations, aiding in budget development, and drafting quarterly reports. In addition, this position will assist with updating and refining financial report build up in ERP and budgeting system with a focus on continuous improvement and effective business support.
Join us and be a part of excellence!
- Assists with preparation and review of monthly financial results, provides explanations for variances from budget, and identifies risks and opportunities for improvement across multiple functional areas of the business
- Supports the preparation of financial information and documents, in conjunction with the Company’s annual budget and forecasting processes
- Assists with cost analysis for operational and R&D needs throughout the Company
- Models financial scenarios to interpret data and identify trends that will drive efficiencies and operational improvements
- Assists with gathering information, then preparing and disseminating reports and presentations to managers, executives, the C-Suite
- Performs ad hoc analysis, including project ROI and payback calculations, analyzes financial data, and provides recommendations to management
- Assists with gathering and preparing financial information for the Company’s quarterly external reporting requirements.
- Consolidates budget and variance analysis for regions outside USA
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Management, or a related field
- 4+ year of experience performing financial analysis, financial modeling, cost analysis, and financial reports
- Experience with NetSuite, QuickBooks, or other Accounting Systems, preferred.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills combined with a practical, quantifiable, and structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to build financial models and perform financial analysis to develop insights and support recommendations
- Solid knowledge of financial accounting and financial statements
- Ability to structure and develop thoughtful and practical recommendations driven by fact-based analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to present complex issues in a simple and easy to understand manner
- Ability to develop presentations for communication with senior management or external partners
- Robust Excel skills, with ability to create pivot tables, develop graphs and charts, and utilize formulas
- Ability to structure analysis efficiently, ensuring accurate conclusions in a timely manner
- Ability to maintain excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to present complex issues in a simple and easy to understand manner.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and support projects of varying complexity concurrently.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of effectively engaging with professional staff.
- Proven ability to work under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Mandarin language skill, preferred
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.