This opportunity is remote friendly.
You can apply to the job with this email address: email@example.com
TuSimple Company Overview
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s TLM, Enterprise Applications/ERP leads a team of business/enterprise application professionals and executes on strategic and tactical decisions for business tools and applications. The TLM, Enterprise Applications/ERP provides technical leadership to shape the architecture, design, and implementation of ERP software and business application solutions across the organization. He or she delivers scalable solutions that ensure accurate, timely, and complete information is delivered to business users with systematic, maintainable, and automated procedures.
The TLM, Enterprise Applications/ERP has a blend of technical and business experience with an accentuated expertise in ERP software. This person leads the team, delivers projects, and supports day to day operational tasks along with defining data models and business processes. The incumbent adapts to changing priorities and ensures the team is meeting it’s deadlines. They exemplify a high sense of urgency and commitment to supporting all of their internal client groups so that greater business objectives are consistently met
- Leads a team of business/enterprise application professionals and ensures that strategic and tactical decisions for business tools and applications are effectively carried out.
- Meets with governance committees, business leaders, decision makers, and end users to define business requirements and systems goals; understands and documents the systems upstream and downstream changes.
- Builds the projects portfolio and communicates it to business stakeholders.
- Defines business process flows, process documentation, and system setup.
- Develops functional and high level technical design documents for new business requirements and delivers to internal development group or vendor consultants
- Improves operational processes and supports critical business strategies by leading the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications systems.
- Participates in all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis and definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment.
- Serves as the ERP Subject Matter Expert (SME); leads, owns, and delivers the ERP application related projects within the defined timelines
- Leads or participates in new Enterprise or Productivity software selection process
- Owns the architecture of ERP technology stack and the solutions to automate and scale operations.
- Customizes, implements and makes changes required on ERP (NetSuite) to support existing and new needs, including leading the testing process, which includes developing test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments.
- Helps establish and measure service level objectives (SLO’s).
- Analyzes and resolves complex problems according to shifting priorities, time frames and resources.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures and guidelines (including SOX) to ensure the quality of financial data and performs regular data audits; resolves data integrity issues.
- Administers and monitors ERP system security in accordance with the company's policy. Maintains proper system access for all roles.
- Partners with the security and compliance team members to implement and operationalize necessary controls and policies.
- Oversees audits of the configuration of TuSimple Enterprise Applications to ensure that they meet usability and security criteria.
- Ensures proper system access is maintained for all roles. 19. Monitors end-user usage of systems and tracks application performance.
- Investigates and proposes ways to maximize benefits from applications and platforms; works with stakeholders to receive approval and implement changes.
- Establishes strong partnerships with vendors; negotiates access agreements, establishes service level agreements, and ensures contracts are in place to meet organizational needs.
- Matures TuSimple’s IT Service Management procedures and tools.
- Creates dashboards, reports, and metrics to support status updates.
- Optimizes existing workflows and helps develop and implement new workflows.
- Analyzes complex requests for new functionalities, implements new features, and handles/delegates support requests appropriately.
- Lead, grow, and develop the Enterprise Applications team.
- Stays up-to-date with Applications/ERP enhancements and upgrades.
Experience & Skills Required
- 7+ years of Enterprise Applications administration experience including System Analysis, Design, Procurement, Testing, Implementation, Documentation, Vendor Management, and License Management, including 5+ years of experience with ERP software.
- 1+ year of experience leading a technical team, providing significant technical mentorship.
- System implementation, Agile project management and data flow best practices knowledge.
- Experience using Agile methodologies for project delivery using Jira or similar tools.
- Experience in using agile iterative development methodologies; sprint planning, change management, etc.
- Demonstrated experience architecting, consulting, implementing and customizing solutions and workflows.
- ERP integration and customization experience.
- Experience with middleware, reporting, and Modern user interface (UI) tools and technologies.
- Experience working in a large enterprise network environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge in technologies such as SQL queries, automation, and scripting.
- Knowledge of API, Web Services, REST and other integration technologies.
- Project management and system implementation experience.
- Strong understanding of business processes and requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of application problems.
- Ability to diagnose problems, and define, resolve, and coordinate the implementation of solutions.
- General understanding of server administration, user account management, and architecture.
- Proven success as a key member of a matrixed, cross-functional team; ability to work equally well with people in business, creative, and technical positions
- Demonstrated experience with debugging tools.
- Ability to provide on-premise and SAAS tool configuration, monitoring, and support.
- Experience working with solution owners/product owners to capture requirements, document operational playbooks for new tools/applications and define support workflow.
- Should possess very basic understanding of network and server configuration and management.
- Strong industry knowledge and ability to adapt to future technology changes.
- Experience with SOX readiness and compliance for systems and data stack.
- Experience working on governance committees
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.