You can apply to the job with this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a fully commercialized autonomous trucking company. As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our live fleet of autonomous Trucks have fully evolved land freight. TuSimple is leading the way by hiring the most talented researchers, engineers, and scientists.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple has created the first commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Sr Localization System Engineer analyzes system components and drives cross-functional collaboration and analysis to ensure our autonomous solutions are developed and implemented inline with requirements, across the full development life-cycle. The Sr Localization System Engineer operates as a technical leader who: decomposes vehicle requirements into detailed functional and performance requirements, partners with cross-functional teams to define a wide variety of additional system requirements, ensures implementation aligns with architecture, and operates as a bridge between cross-functional teams to ensure collaboration and discussion occur prior to decisions being made. In addition, the Sr Localization System Engineer acts as a resource and mentor to less experienced engineering staff and may lead a small team of less experienced System Engineers.
- Gathers systems information, standards, complex algorithms and modules, etc. and integrates all into documents which define the system as a whole.
- Drives discussion and collaboration with cross-functional teams to conduct trade-off analysis and support decisions being made related to performance, safety, modularity, redundancy, quality of the Localization module and autonomy system.
- Defines the detailed functional and performance requirements through decomposition of the high-level vehicle requirements.
- Articulates module level system requirements and defines associated test plans. Partners with cross-functional teams to define sensor, computing, network, and redundancy requirements.
- Steers and influences diverse teams of engineers to define the Localization module and system architecture for advanced autonomous solutions.
- Partners with cross-functional teams on the technical execution of Localization module and system architecture development activities across the full development life cycle, including requirements generation, system and software design, implementation, integration and test, etc.
- Performs code reviews to ensure implementation aligns with architecture.
- Applies advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts to work on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Contributes to the development of new principles and theories.
- Fosters cross-functional team work and promotes collaboration, coordination and consistent communication among stakeholders. Builds trusted relationships with partner teams, both internal and external, to ensure alignment with priorities.
- Maintains strong emotional intelligence throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progressive startup environments.
- Actively mentors and develops less experienced Systems Engineers, providing regular feedback and technical leadership. May oversee a System Engineer team with various levels of experience and expertise. Sets priorities, allocates resources, and ensures the execution of product plans for subordinate staff.
Experience & Skills Required:
6 years of experience in system engineering and/or systems architecture, including experience within the Advanced Driver-Assistance Systems (ADAS), Autonomous Driving (AD), or Robotics industries
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Robotics, or related field. (Preferred: Master’s Degree in similar field)
- Competent in at least one core robotics and autonomy concepts, specially localization methods.
- Experience with design and development of distributed autonomous systems or robotic systems.
- Proven ability to develop requirements and Interface Control Documents (ICD)
- Ability to develop, conduct, and lead Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Design Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (DFMEA), Parameter Diagrams (P-Diagram), and Boundary Diagram Development.
- Working knowledge of SO/IEC 15288 or IEEE 1220 or ANSI/EIA 632 or ARP4754A.
- Demonstrated ability to develop Operational Concept (OpsCon) documents.
- Working knowledge and ability to utilize Jama, or similar requirement management tools.
- Understanding of ISO 21448 or ISO26262 or DO-178B/C, ARP4761 etc.
- Ability to code in C++ and/or Python
- Strong understanding of and ability to utilize the Robot Operating System (ROS) and Linux.
100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
Work visa sponsorship available
Relocation assistance available
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
Stock options / equity
Gym membership reimbursement
Monthly team building budget
Employer-paid life insurance
Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.