Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
TuSimple’s Sr. Network Engineer II is a highly technical specialist, focused on designing, developing, and delivering contemporary local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Data Center network infrastructure that supports current and future-state business requirements at TuSimple. The incumbent employs proven, emerging, and cutting edge network capabilities and functions to transform complex problems and abstract concepts into executable technology solutions and plans.
The Senior Network Engineer II works collaboratively with team members to ensure the integrity and consistency of high availability network infrastructure; partaking in advanced network troubleshooting and day-to-day operations while imparting knowledge to others.
The Senior Network Engineer II excels at communicating in both written and oral format; adapting communications to the audience and presenting information and recommendations in a clear and persuasive manner. The Senior Network Engineer II understands the significance of creating and maintaining strong networks, and yet is able to remain calm and resilient in high pressure situations.
Opportunity Responsibilities and Mission
- Designs, develops, and delivers LAN/WAN/Data Center/Cloud network infrastructure to support current and future-state business needs. Creates robust implementation plans for seamless delivery.
- Develops and delivers detailed network designs, specifications, and architectural plans for IP Backbone architectures, B2B Aggregation architectures and End to End (E2E) high level service architectures.
- Maximizes network performance by routinely monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems/outages, scheduling upgrades, and participating in network optimization.
- Provides subject matter expertise in IP network/security, wide area network, internet and cloud connectivity, design, implementation and advanced level of support and triage.
- Performs testing and certification for hardware and software; creates test plans, tests, and validates functionality, management, and performance for existing and new technologies supporting IP architectures.
- Actively provides lifecycle engineering of network architecture.
- Examines information from multiple sources to investigate network fault investigations in LAN/WAN environments.
- Acts as a key technical resource and escalation point for concerns and activities related to technical aspects of the network. Quickly determines resolutions to any issues that arise.
- Based on requirements analysis and technical alternatives, recommends modifications to network configurations which minimize costs, improve service, and meet compliance standards.
- Liaises with external vendors and service providers to identify solutions for new projects or current issues.
- Develops network enhancements and proactively increases quality and efficiency through automation of network services.
- Performs planning and integration for complex, cross-functional systems and leads technical design reviews of various infrastructure projects and functions.
- Secures network systems through policy creation/enforcement and delineating and monitoring access; supports and administers firewall environments and ensures that all security threats and/or network attacks are appropriately mitigated.
- Develops and documents technical standards and implements systematic methods of procedure, to increase efficiency and consistency.
- Creates and maintains highly-detailed network documentation including network diagrams and architectural assessments for support, audit, compliance, and disaster recovery purposes.
- Provides remote support to on-site engineers and end users during installations.
- Oversees capacity management and audits of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centers.
- Maintains a customer centric approach throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as is common to progresive start-up environments.
- Provides guidance and training to other members of the team.
Experience and Skills required :
- 6 years of experience undertaking increasingly complex network design.
- Broad and deep knowledge of network technologies/platforms/principles including route/switch protocols, LAN/WAN, wireless networking, datacenter, high-availability design, Application Delivery Controller, Web Application Firewall, Domain Name Service and IP management, Data Visibility Fabric, Content Delivery Network, Data Analytics, WAN optimization, Network Time Protocol, and Network Monitoring.
- Experience working on CLI with the following technology vendors: Cisco, Arista, Fortinet, Cumulus, MellanoxDemonstrated experience with IP networking in a production environment.
- Hands-on experience with advanced network technologies including MPLS L3 VPN, IPSec VPN, SD-WAN, VxLAN and SDN.
- Experience with contemporary data center technologies including Docker, Kubernetes and associated SDN solutions.
- Experience architecting and designing networks with high availability and highly scalable; knowledge of how to integrate networks and architectures.
- Advanced knowledge and experience managing large enterprise layer 3 networks leveraging multiple protocols including MP-BGP, OSPFv2/3, EIGRP, NHRP, VxLAN, VRRP.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, mobility routing.
- Experience working within multi-cloud and on-prem environments.
- Substantial knowledge of industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), ethernet and transport technologies and protocols.
- Experience using ticketing and software tools to support operations.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, the OSI network model and all seven layers (Physical layer, Data link layer, Network layer, Transport layer, Session layer, Presentation layer, and Application layer).
- Advanced knowledge of network designing software (i.e. Visio, Lucidchart).
- Knowledge of popular scripting languages for enterprise-grade networks (i.e. Python) and automation-focused languages (i.e. Ansible, and Terraform).
- Experience automating network functions to optimize the networks’ resources.
- Experience providing technical guidance to external vendors. BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES List the required behavioral competencies necessary to fulfill the job requirements.
- Analytical and able to translate abstract concepts/ideas into executable solutions and plans.
- Understands the impact of their work and is able to remain calm and resilient in high pressure situations.
- Self-starter, highly organized, and able to work and deliver on multiple tasks and issues simultaneously in a fast-paced stream-alignment environment.
- Problem-solving abilities; resolves issues swiftly to minimize network damage or downtime.
- Embraces change and advocates for best practices.
- Intellectually curious with a strong bias to action. Driven to understand and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, able understand and interpret stakeholder needs - translating needs into clear objectives
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate verbally and in writing, translating technical jargon to correspond with the audience's knowledge and understanding.
- Proven ability to collaborate and effectively communicate as part of a team, while effectively managing and prioritizing multiple requests and complex projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred. Ability to proactively and effectively collaborate cross-functionally.
- Established history of taking a thoughtful action-oriented approach for meeting the demands of multiple internal customers and operational needs.
- Proven ability to work independently, under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Up to a 30% discretionary bonus.
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.