Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The Senior Business Administration Analyst I is a business analyst with a focus on Asset Management and Configuration Management. They are responsible for ensuring TuSimple’s technological assets address business requirements and support business outcomes.
The Senior Business Administration Analyst I is responsible for the complete Asset Management lifecycle at TuSimple, including procurement, deployment, utilization, maintenance, and disposal. As part of their mandate, they will build and maintain an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)-inspired asset management framework that ensures that both assets and processes are being tracked and documented appropriately. The incumbent acts as a first point of contact for the distribution of assets to all TuSimple staff including new hires, helping to guarantee that they have the hardware and software they require to be successful in their roles. In addition, they are responsible for asset retrieval during the offboarding process, minimizing the risk and impact of asset loss.
The Senior Business Administration Analyst I demonstrates strong business acumen; they monitor, record, and track IT assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts, licenses, policies, and more. They build out and improve processes and find solutions to help reduce costs via contracts, license agreements, and loss mitigation. They are also heavily involved with incident management, problem management, and change implementations.
The incumbent is proactive, highly organized, an exceptional communicator and a natural problem solver. They succeed in part as a result of their business mindset and their knowledge of and experience in tech.
- Develops ITIL inspired Asset Management framework, factoring in process, technologies, and desired reporting requirements as they pertain to service level objectives (SLOs) and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Owns the asset management lifecycle including distribution at onboarding and retrieval at offboarding.
- Ensures IT assets (software and hardware) and the governing framework address business requirements and support business outcomes.
- Oversees the daily and long-term plans for configuration management, to improve reliability and consistency.
- Understands procurement systems, processes, and data sources, and gathers and sources contractual, purchase, and spend data required to establish baselines.
- Captures and analyzes requirements for Asset Management from business units and existings systems, including collection and definition, identification of gaps, and validation with process owners and stakeholders.
- Verifies and defines asset ownership.
- Leads the Telecom Expense Management (TEM) process.
- Monitors, records, and tracks IT assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts, licenses, and policies
- Establishes and communicates policies; manages yearly re-validation.
- Coordinates Governance, Processes, and Escalation Management.
- Ensures timely and accurate reconciliation of lifecycle data relating to assets.
- Tracks hardware, software, and maintenance data in support of refresh as well as end of life processes and projects.
- Prepares and distributes reports to management and senior leadership.
- Participates in process maturity assessments and executes on plans.
- Seizes opportunities to redesign business processes to achieve better business results
- Educates and trains staff on asset management policies and procedures; creates training materials and holds workshops.
- Develops and maintains business and technical process documentation.
- Establishes and maintains relationships across the organization.
- Communicates effectively in both technical and business language.
- Provides guidance and training to other members of the team.
Experience & Skills Required
- 4 years experience in an increasingly complex business or technology role, analyzing tools and technology
- 2 years of experience in business analysis and/or technical requirements analysis
- Demonstrated experience in Business Analysis and Project Management.
- Experience with data analysis and using data to recommend business improvements.
- Experience with process flow documentation, preferred.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining external supplier/vendor relationships.
- Knowledge of ITIL practices.
- Strong written and presentation skills with the ability to effectively present to C-level audiences.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate verbally and in writing, in both technical and business language.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work with highly technical teams across diverse technical disciplines.
- Extensive knowledge of hardware and software assets that exist or may be required in an innovative tech company.
- Strong business acumen; understands business strategy and how tasks/functions relate to larger objectives and financial impacts.
- High sense of urgency; self-starter, highly responsive, and able to work and deliver in a fast-paced stream-alignment environment.
- Proactive and resourceful; is able to obtain information independently and use data to recommend business practices/policies.
- Intellectually curious with a strong bias to action. Driven to understand and collaborate with multiple stakeholders, able understand and interpret stakeholder needs - translating needs into clear objectives
- Analytical, judgment, persuasion and consensus building abilities where there are competing interests.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Capable of listening and obtaining clarification, changing approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to effectively partner with cross-functional teams to coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated experience building and improving processes and promoting quality.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and support projects of varying complexity in parallel within tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work independently in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain resilience throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progresive start-up environments.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.