This opportunity is located in Tucson, AZ.
You can apply to the job with this email address:email@example.com
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The Senior Buyer will partner cross-functionally to optimize the business through effective planning and procurement of materials. In this role, you will own the full cycle of procurement, ensure vendor/supplier expectations are met, and address any issues as they arise.
Join us and be a part of excellence!
- Sources and reviews vendors/suppliers offerings, conducts analysis to determine best fit, negotiates quality, price, payment terms, delivery timing, and other Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with vendors/suppliers. Conducts regular follow up with vendors/suppliers to ensure SLAs are continuously met. Addresses any exceptions to SLAs, as necessary
- Establishes, cultivates, and maintains strong relationships with key vendors/suppliers, developing a clear understanding of their offerings and services
- Proactively partners with PMO to understand schedules and timing needs related to required materials. Builds schedules for purchasing, inline with PMO schedules, supplier timelines, and shipping requirements. Ensures necessary materials are readily available to meet the schedule demands
- Analyzes supply and demand. Purchases materials, expediting as necessary, in order to meet the demands of the business and optimize performance. Contributes to vendor/supplier performance metrics & dashboards/scorecards to help manage relationships and drive purchased materials productivity
- Monitors purchases and delivery timelines. Proactively communicates with vendors/suppliers to mitigate and/or resolve disruptions in supply
- Creates purchase orders. Matches invoice to purchase order. Codes invoice appropriately and submits for payment. Partners with Finance and Accounting to address any issues with purchase orders, invoices, and/or payments
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (Engineering, AOG, Quality, etc.) and vendors/suppliers to assess needs and identify and realize material improvements as it relates to cost, quality, and delivery
- Provides feedback to managers and PMO related to shipment delays, shortages, backlogs, product changes, etc. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to balance quality v. cost, balance supply and demand, and resolve any availability issues
- Partners with Procurement leadership to develop and improve processes and procedures. Drives continuous improvement in process and knowledge, resulting in supply chain and personal productivities
- Regularly and actively looks for ways to optimize the procurement process and mitigate costs and risk
Experience & Skills Required
- High School Diploma/GED or above
- 6 years procurement experience, preferably in an automotive manufacturing or technical environment
- 2 years experience as a buyer/planner, scheduling and planning procurement against a master schedule
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP systems, strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of supply chain principles and processes, including supply/demand planning, safety stock, lead-time, transportation, and warehousing
- Superior knowledge of purchasing practices, including methods of establishing costs, selling prices, terms, and general knowledge of business law (e.g. Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreements) relative to procurement practices and inventory management
- Ability to analyze Bills of Materials, Master Schedules, Excess and Obsolete Inventory Reports, in order to collect, analyze and summarize information and trends
- Ability to read and understand engineering components and assembly drawings
- Ability to assess sources of supply to ensure price, quantity, and quality are consistent.
- Strong understanding of ERP systems and processes, as it relates to materials/procurement modules
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize requests, assignments, and tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to develop RFQ/RFP, negotiate effectively, read and interpret contracts, prepare financial analysis to determine best fit, and expedite and coordinate shipping arrangements.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
This opportunity is located in Tucson, AZ.
You can apply to the job with this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org