Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Staff Product Manager, is a highly accomplished and well-versed product management professional, playing a critical role in defining and executing the vision for our products. The Staff Product Manager leverages a deep understanding of their product area and partner/customer requirements to develop vision and strategy for an assigned product line by creating sprint plans, optimizing resources, and partnering with cross-functional teams to implement product line roadmaps. In addition, the Staff Product Manager acts as an expert resource and highly-active mentor to less experienced Product Managers and may lead a team of Product Managers at varying levels of expertise.
As a Staff Hardware Product Manager, Your Responsibilities Will Be To:
- Lead vehicle level product requirement definitions
- Requirement analysis to break down certain features
- Understands and refines ambiguous needs to support the determination of the vision for an assigned product lines, leveraging a deep understanding of the product area and industry, partner/customer requirements, regulations and ISO standards.
- Translates product vision into strategy. Develops and implements a highly defined and effective product roadmaps for assigned product lines, including: outlining projects within stages, timelines, priorities, success metrics and dependencies. Provides and communicates overall vision to cross-functional teams, ensuring their understanding and alignment.
- Establishes short-, mid-, and long-term work plans with high complexity and optimizes resources to ensure that work area objectives are consistently met.
- Leads presentations to outline and explain product line details for both internal cross-functional teams and external partners/customers.
- Writes detailed, accurate and defensible product requirements and feature documentation with minimal edits to no edits. Ensures appropriate approvals are obtained.
- Partners with leadership to understand business strategy, provides product line update reports to executive leadership.
- Conducts frequent research on the autonomous vehicle industry and other similar safety system industries to stay on top of trends, protocols and safety requirements. Utilizes information to solve for complex and ambiguous issues and to support the innovation of new autonomy capabilities.
- Fosters cross-functional teamwork and promotes collaboration, coordination and consistent communication among stakeholders. Builds trusted relationships with partner teams, both internal and external, to ensure alignment with priorities.
- Effectively partners with cross-functional teams, including PMO, Algo and Engineering, to meet product roadmap objectives and manages both short and long term priorities. Tracks and reports on progress. Identifies and solves cross functional and inter-team challenges.
- Work with other Product Managers to provide the best customer experiences for the product suite and ensure alignment in the prioritization of the work.
- Maintains strong emotional intelligence throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progressive startup environments.
- Actively mentors and develops less experienced Product Managers, providing regular feedback . May oversee a Product Management team with various levels of experience and expertise. Sets priorities, allocates resources and ensures the execution of product plans for subordinate staff.
Minimum Requirements as a Staff Hardware Product Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field. (Preferred: Master’s Degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, related field or MBA)
- Minimum of 9 years of experience in product management, product analysis or related technical field
- 4+ years of experience in the automotive or trucking industry, experience with ADAS/AD systems
- Proven success with leading cross-functional teams to deliver multiple products on schedule.
- Established ability to effectively influence cross-functional teams to improve product functionality, quality assurance.
- Proven effective leader of cross-functional teams; effectively fostering teamwork and collaboration.
- Polished and professional communication and presentations skills; demonstrated ability to translate technical information to meet the needs of the audience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze competitive offerings, ISO standards, regulatory requirements, and other information, then succinctly express in product requirements or presentations.
- Demonstrated success with partnering with business and engineering leadership teams to deliver a product line roadmap.
- Proven expert technical writer with the ability to write detailed, accurate and defensible product requirements for safety system products.
- Fully competent in product management and engineering principles for the assigned area.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Intellectually curious with a strong bias to action.
- Enthusiastic team player looking to contribute at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Capable of listening and obtaining clarification, changing approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs .
- Demonstrated relationship management skills, including utilizing partnering, consulting, and leadership skills to build credibility as a "peer" across all levels within and externally of an organization.
- Ability to maintain quality of execution throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to fast-paced start-up environments.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and support projects of varying complexity concurrently.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of effectively engaging with highly technical staff.
- A strong drive and willingness to own projects and see them to completion.
- Proven ability to work under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain steady professionalism throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progressive start-up environments.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred.
- Relocation Assistance, Stock Options
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits, free breakfast lunch, and dinner from an array of local restaurants.
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Gym membership, Learning/Education Budget
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.