You can apply to the job with this email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The Senior IT Specialist I provides superior hands-on technical support to TuSimple’s wide array of employees. In this role, the Senior IT Specialist I ensures the prudent operation of all hardware and software assets, conducts root-cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve internal customer issues, and collaborates cross-functionally to ensure the smooth technological employee experience. In addition, the Senior IT Specialist I supports roadmap development and implementation of IT projects for our quickly expanding infrastructure, actively contributes to our IT Knowledgebase, mentors and supports the development of our IT professionals, and creates and maintains user-facing IT guides and tip-sheets.
- Ensures the accurate and timely installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all corporate hardware and software, in line with TuSimple’s IT Service Level Agreement. Performs root-cause analysis to determine and resolve issue(s).
- Determines appropriate hardware and software based on end user requirements and in accordance with TuSimple’s guidelines. Stages, configures, and validates hardware in alignment with outlined processes and procedures.
- Appropriately triages helpdesk requests/incidents. Responds to escalated incidents in an expedited manner with an appropriate level of urgency. Ensures follow up with colleagues and requestor on all assigned incidents.
- Creates and maintains detailed documentation for all hardware and software corporate assets, systems, and deployments. Ensures the IT Knowledgebase is up to date.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for all desktop hardware and software technology. Provides guidance and training to employees, as necessary. Creates, contributes to, and maintains employee guides and tip-sheets.
- Stays abreast of new and evolving technologies and best practices. Researches, monitors, and analyzes trends in the IT space to provide insights and recommendations for improving technology and processes, as well as safeguarding assets and information. Recommends innovative, and where possible automated, approaches for system administration tasks. Documents all approved changes.
- Maintains a customer service approach throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as is common to progressive start-up environments. In collaboration with leadership, establishes and monitors metrics for service delivery and internal customer satisfaction. Collects internal customer feedback; provides recommendations and adjusts approach in alignment with metrics and feedback.
- Effectively collaborates with cross-functional teams to support a smooth onboarding, working and offboarding employee experience.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced IT Specialists.
- In collaboration with Technical Lead Manager, ensures appropriate backstock of all necessary hardware and equipment - including: desktops, laptops, monitors, docking stations, keyboards, mice, cables, etc. Ensures the proper organization and security of the IT storage area.
Experience & Skills Required
- 5 years experience in the IT field, including hands-on experience with desktop applications, networks, operating systems,
and communication equipment.
- Strong technical knowledge of desktop applications e.g. productivity software GSuite, MS Office, Adobe suite etc.
- Proficient in at least one scripting language e.g. Powershell, Bash, Ansible, Python
- Ability to effectively conduct root-cause analysis to determine a problem and resolve the issue.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently conduct network troubleshooting (e.g. DHCP / DNS, wifi, firewall) and
- Knowledge of new and emerging technologies/trends; ability to conduct thorough research and analysis of technologies,
trends and best practices. Demonstrated passion for the IT space, a plus.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; capable of providing efficient and effective customer service to a wide range of internal
customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge and skill sets.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate verbally and in writing, translating technical jargon to correspond with the
audience's knowledge and understanding.
- Proven ability to collaborate and effectively communicate as part of a team, while effectively managing and prioritizing
multiple requests and complex projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred. Ability to proactively and effectively
- Established history of taking a thoughtful action-oriented approach for meeting the demands of multiple internal customers
and operational needs.
- Proven ability to work independently, under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
You can apply to the job with this email address: email@example.com