Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The Financial Associate will support our Finance team and work closely with our Chief Financial Officer in evaluating our strategic initiatives and investments. In this role, you will also provide detailed financial research/modeling to support financial decision-making across the organization. Join us and be a part of excellence!
- Performs complex strategic analysis, quantitative analysis, and robust financial modeling in support of Corporate Development initiatives, strategic investments, M&A, growth initiatives, operational initiatives, etc.
- Develops and validates key model parameters, assumptions, drivers, and scenarios.
- Conducts extensive research on the industry sector, capital markets, potential investments, and relevant financial inputs using public and private data sources.
- Performs economic, market and industry evaluations to support strategic assessment, valuation, and due diligence.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to perform long-term financial modeling and scenario planning in support of superior financial decision making across the organization.
- Supports due diligence efforts, analyzes financial and operating data of investment opportunities and potential partnership, assists with deal evaluation.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to deeply understand stakeholder needs. Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to conduct due diligence, review transaction documents, and/or coordinate inputs for financial modeling and through analysis.
- Offers suggestions and feedback, including respectfully challenging management forecast assumptions, as appropriate.
- Translates complex strategic and financial analysis into insightful reports, key take-aways, and presentations for senior management and key stakeholders which facilitate robust discussions and the decision-making process.
- Additional duties as needed
Experience & Skills Required
- BS or above in Management, Finance, or related field
- 3 years experience performing extensive financial modeling and analysis.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills, including advanced financial modeling, market research, strategic,valuation and financial analysis, etc.
- Ability to structure analysis efficiently, ensuring accurate conclusions in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, capital markets, and valuation concepts.
- Strong research skills.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid experience building and improving processes and promoting quality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to present complex issues in a simple and easy to understand manner.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and support projects of varying complexity concurrently.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of effectively engaging with professional staff.
- Proven ability to work under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
Investment Banking experience, highly preferred
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.