Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Our planning ML team focuses on researching and implementing innovative data-driving technology to ensure the behavior of autonomous trunks are safe, smooth and predictable in complex road scenarios: lane change, freeway ramp merge, intersections, and etc. You will be playing an important role in creating novel algorithms that gracefully handle the complex situations with noisy, uncertain and incomplete information.
- Formulate real-world problems into well-defined machine learning problems to address challenging and complex road scenarios with noisy, uncertain and incomplete information
- Design and implement cutting-edge machine learning algorithms and models, and scale them up to large data pipelines
- Design and build property benchmarking metrics to test and validate the algorithms and models
- Be able to work passionately and proactively collaborate across teams to deliver high-quality and reliable code in a timely manner
- PhD/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Statistics, Mathematics, or similar technical field of study
- Solid knowledge in one or more of various neural networks: CNN, RNN, GraphNN, VAE, GAN, Reinforcement Learning, Inverse Reinforcement Learning, and etc.
- Experience in deep learning platform and tools such as Pytorch or TensorFlow
- Product-quality code in C++ and/or Python
- Experience in applying ML for planning and control algorithms such as imitation learning, reinforcement learning, and etc.
- Knowledge in convex optimization algorithms for motion planning
- Knowledge and experience in neural network optimization, such as distributed training, active learning, network compression, and inference optimization
- Publications in top conferences such as IROS, ICRA, CVPR, ITSC, and etc.
- Experience in autonomous driving industry
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.