Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
Director of Cloud Software Engineering will build the global Autonomous Network Freight System from the ground up. Now that we have solved for the Autonomous Trucks, this Autonomous Freight Network (AFN) connection system will serve as our overall business enterprise system. This cloud based technology will manage freight orders, tracking autonomous vehicles, rerouting global freight, and communication with our artificial intelligence framework.
- Partner with Product Management to plan and deliver on the product roadmap while balancing feature delivery, operational health, and bug fixes
- Manage 5-7 Technical Lead/Managers and a team of 30 software engineers to develop our could native SaaS system with a full-service devops ownership model following Agile methodologies
- Quickly grow diverse teams, creating an inclusive environment and retaining top talent
- Coach and develop team members while fostering a high-performing engineering culture
- Drive quality through automated testing and certification
- Engage with internal and external partners to ensure features are delivered on time and meet the expectations of customers
- Manage all services in a 24/7/365 business critical environment, including driving investigations to determine root cause and implement solutions.
- Ensure application design and delivery maintain system integrity and security
- Collaborate and lead effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
- 8+ years experience directly managing a team of engineers
- Prefer a background in building cloud native Software-as-a-Service (SaaS solutions) using the 12-factor approach
- Broad and extensive knowledge of software development processes and lifecycle management
- Experience in leading full stack development and ongoing DevOps oriented support
- Ability to build and maintain a great engineering culture
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution
- Experience with agile methodologies, SCRUM, and continuous improvement
- Knowledge of service architectures, distributed systems, and scaling business critical systems
- Experience implementing rolling deployment strategies including blue/green, canary, etc.
- Knowledge of software architectural styles and design patterns
- Experience developing distributed microservices
- Experience building solutions with cloud native services like Kubernetes and serverless technologies
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA) and external integrations
- Knowledge of cloud hosting services, especially Amazon AWS
- Experience deploying continuous integration and delivery systems such as Jenkins, Travis, Circle CI, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of DevOps methodologies in a production environment
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.