Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly.
The perception team develops cutting edge technologies to help our truck perceive the world. You will play an important role in creating novel algorithms for advanced perception and applying your algorithm on terabytes of data. You will also work closely with other talents in this field in building the next-generation of autonomous sensing algorithms.
Example projects that we are working on:
- Deep learning based algorithm development in all perspectives of perception.
- Temporal data association from multiple sensors, including camera, LiDAR, RADAR and more
- Object tracking and state estimation in challenging real world scenarios
- Encoding perception uncertainty and collaborate with prediction team to make the system safe and robust
- Formulate, prototype and deploy robust and reliable solutions to cutting-edge perception problems, including detection, segmentation, spatial-temporal analysis, sensor fusion, tracking, and state estimation.
- Lead perception project/team and guide the technical aspect of development, including requirement definition, design, implementation, and benchmarking.
- Closely collaborate with other teams to drive new features to completion.
- M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or other related fields.
- 3+ years of industrial working experience in perception related topics, including detection, segmentation, spatial-temporal analysis, object tracking, sensor fusion, state estimation, localization and mapping.
- Strong technical background in computer vision, machine learning, deep learning, and robotics.
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ and Python
- Experience of leading projects in the autonomous driving industry.
- Experience of managing and growing teams
- Impactful publications in computer vision/machine learning conferences and/or journals
- Knowledge and experience of GPU computation or CUDA acceleration.
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training
- Company paid gym membership
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.