This position is located in San Diego, CA
Senior Program Manager - Mapping Team
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
We are looking for an experienced and creative program manager with a technical background and strong leadership skills for our mapping team. This team develops both the maps and the tools to create the maps used by our level 4 automotive software. This is a matrixed leadership role and requires partnership with all leads in the mapping team as well as with leads elsewhere in the organization.
- Serves as overall project management leader for our Mapping team, working with internal and external cross-functional teams
- Maintains steady leadership throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progresive start-up environments
- Fosters cross-functional team work and promotes collaboration and coordination among stakeholders
- Anticipates and manages issues & risks effectively. Ensures owners are in place for each item and following up on a regular basis through project closure and post-implementation review. Drives escalation and resolution of issues as necessary
- Develops, maintains and monitors short, medium, and long term plans for all projects within the Mapping team, including scheduling, milestones, resources, and other key performance indicators (KPI)
- Ensure requirements are documented and institute methods to control “scope creep”
- Fully document and track resources and other dependencies for the life of all projects
- Document and track key performance metrics (performance, quality, reliability, etc.)
- Provides full transparency of progress v. plan for all projects within the Mapping team, including regular status reporting to senior management
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, related fields or equivalent related experience
- 5 years experience in leading engineering teams and/or technical program management
- Background in systems engineering, preferred
- Able to demonstrate creativity, strong leadership skills
- Demonstrable skills in Project Management with proven ability to unearth and manage risks
- Proven ability to work in a matrix environment; tech start-up experience preferred
- Deep familiarity with both agile and waterfall product development methodologies
- Excellent communication, organization, and coordination skills, including demonstrated ability to influence and take a consultative approach
- Ability to be versatile, agile and quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Strong logical thinking and good engineering sense
- Strong planning and execution abilities
- Proven ability to work under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to ramp quickly
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
This position is located in San Diego, CA