Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
TuSimple’s Senior Product Manager plays a critical role in defining and executing the vision for our products. The Benchmarking Platform team is one of the core forces that accelerates the process of autonomous truck development. By building various testing tools and systems for algorithm modules from perception to planning and control, it allows developers to better understand and improve their modules with rapid iterations. We provide powerful, efficient and safe testing environments to help validate, verify and evaluate the overall performance of self-driving car technology. The Senior Product Manager is focused on developing roadmaps and product requirements for an assigned product by creating sprint plans, optimizing resources, and partnering with cross-functional teams to implement product roadmaps. In addition, the Senior Product Manager acts as a resource and mentor to less experienced Product Managers and may lead a small team of less experienced Product Managers
As a Senior Product Manager, Your Responsibilities Will Be To:
- Develop and implement a highly defined and effective product roadmap for assigned products, including: outlining projects within stages, timelines, priorities, success metrics and dependencies. Ensures cross-functional teams understanding of and alignment with product feature roadmap.
- Work closely with the technical lead, development team, project management and others to deliver a productized version of benchmark platform
- Write requirements for benchmark platform to ensure that all development is traceable to a specific requirement and acceptance criteria
- Act as the agile ‘product owner’ for benchmark platform
- Understand and refine ambiguous needs into a highly defined and effective product roadmap
- Establish short- and mid-term work plans with moderate complexity and optimize resources to ensure that work area objectives are consistently met. .
- Collaborate with external partners/customers and internal teams (Business Development, Engineering, Algorithm, Program Management, and all other necessary teams) to ensure product vision, strategies, and roadmaps align with business objectives and external partner/customer needs.
- Lead presentations to outline and explain product features details for internal cross-functional teams and may lead portions of presentations for external partners/customers.
- Write detailed, accurate and defensible product requirements and feature documentation with minimal edits. Ensures appropriate approvals are obtained.
- Conduct frequent research on the autonomous vehicle industry and other similar safety system industries to stay on top of trends, protocols and safety requirements. Utilizes information to solve for complex and ambiguous issues and to support the innovation of new autonomy capabilities
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams, including PMO, Algo and Engineering, to meet product roadmap objectives and manages both short and long term priorities. Track and report on progress. Identifies and solves cross functional and inter-team challenges.
- Work with other Product Managers to provide the best customer experiences for the product suite and ensure alignment in the prioritization of the work.
- Maintain strong emotional intelligence throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progressive startup environments.
- Mentor and develop less experienced Product Managers, providing regular feedback and support. May lead a small team of less experienced Product Managers
Minimum Requirements as a Senior Product Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field. (Preferred: Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, related field or MBA)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management, product analysis or related technical field
- Proven success with implementing multiple product features and translating product vision into executable roadmaps.
- Established ability to effectively and successfully influence, provide guidance and feedback to cross-functional teams.
- Proven leader of cross-functional teams; effectively fostering teamwork and collaboration.
- Polished and professional communication and presentations skills; demonstrated ability to translate technical information to meet the needs of the audience.
- Proven expert technical writer with the ability to write detailed, accurate and defensible product requirements for safety system products.
- Fully competent in product management and engineering principles for the assigned area.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Intellectually curious with a strong bias to action.
- Enthusiastic team player looking to contribute at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Capable of listening and obtaining clarification, changing approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, understand and interpret stakeholder needs .
- Demonstrated relationship management skills, including utilizing partnering, consulting, and leadership skills to build credibility as a "peer" across all levels within and externally of an organization.
- Ability to maintain quality of execution throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to fast-paced start-up environments.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate multiple tasks and support projects of varying complexity concurrently.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team; capable of effectively engaging with highly technical staff.
- A strong drive and willingness to own projects and see them to completion.
- Proven ability to work under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain steady professionalism throughout aggressive deadlines, changing priorities, and evolving operations, as common to progresive start-up environments.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix organization, tech start-up experience preferred.
- Relocation Assistance, Stock Options
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits, free breakfast lunch, and dinner from an array of local restaurants.
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Gym membership, Learning/Education Budget
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.