The map team develops high-definition maps for TuSimple's advanced autonomous truck ecosystem. Custom TuSimple HD Maps are an essential component of TuSimple’s ongoing plan to build the nation’s first Autonomous Freight Network (AFN).
Director of Maps is the strategic visionary and leader of the Map Teams. They are accountable for all map-related deliverables. The Director of Maps will be responsible for planning and expanding team growth to meet business objectives. Maps play a central role in the AFN ecosystem. Teams within this department collaborate closely with Product, Research, PMO, and Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, ECE, Engineering, Math, and related fields.
- At least 10+ years of experience in managing software engineers.
- At least 2+ years of leadership experience in related mapping or autonomous driving companies.
- Strong system and product experience in designing a reliable and scalable map system.
- Related experience in managing a cross-functional engineering and operation team for map and mapping.
- Executive-level communication skills.
- Strong project management experience.
- Masters or PhD
- Software and machine learning system design experience is preferred
- Partner with other TuSimple leadership to drive organizational change, lead initiatives, and scale the map team to meet business objectives.
- Develop, optimize, test, and deliver scalable map development and expansion strategies.
- Lead the development for objectives such as HD map APIs, mapping algorithm, map infrastructure, and map toolchain for scalable map change.
- Develop or optimize general Map team operational processes to meet business objectives.
- Develop or optimize operations and process strategies to meet map data collection objectives.
- Develop or optimize tools and process for map quality verification
- Develop or optimize HD Map support to meet AFN expansion objectives.
- Exhibit strong leadership, decisive thinking, and collaboration with other leadership and executive teams.
- Become recognized organizationally as a:
- Strong leader.
- Map subject matter expert.
- Strong partner.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.