Artificial intelligence enabled automation is one of the biggest opportunities of our generation. Here at TuSimple, it is more than just an opportunity, it is our mission. Led by a group of elite researchers and engineers, we are working tirelessly to bring safe and reliable autonomous trucking to reality. This transformative endeavor can reduce energy consumptions in the trucking industry, make goods and services more affordable and efficient, and eventually, profoundly improve the quality of life of everyone, including you and I.
Data Visualization Engineer in Tusimple will provide a platform to monitor, review, control or debug the autonomous driving system. As a Fullstack engineer at TuSimple, you will work on both the back-end infrastructure and front-end Web UIs of various projects, from our offboard infrastructure services to the onboard system, to bring automation and visualization to the company. Your work will greatly improve the efficiency of the research of our algorithm scientists, and expedite the development of engineering infrastructure projects.
Example projects we are working on include:
- Working with developers in the company to understand data inside the vehicle system. Making decisions about APIs and data flow considering usability, performance and compatibility.
- Build web interfaces for vehicle testing to control and monitor the system. For example, the perception objects around our vehicle; the system status; planning future decisions and reasons.
- Provide cloud service to view tremendous vehicle testing data after the trip for analytic purposes.
What you’ll do:
- Develop 3D Rendering system using Three.js, WebGL, WebAssembly.
- Architect, implement and maintain data extraction and user interaction tools both for frontend and backend.
- Implement APIs for developers to use and extend current functionalities.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and safety issues in the system, benchmark on different methods and provide solutions.
What you’ll bring
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or related majors
- Experience with Graphics rendering tools, such as WebGL, OpenGL and Three.js
- Experience with Python and C++ development
- Experience with web frameworks and tools such as Flask, Django, Nginx.
- Experience with cloud services, such as AWS
- Good understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation
- Experience with large scale visualization or editing tools
- Experience with modern C++ development
- Industry experience of building autonomous vehicle onboard visualization system
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/options/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Weekly team happy hour
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.