This role is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19
You can apply to the job with this email address:
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The ML Infrastructure team’s mission is to provide reliable, scalable and self-improving machine learning platform solutions to support the development of critical vehicle systems. As a Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Infrastructure, you will work alongside some of the brightest minds in the world to address unsolved problems on the bleeding edge of applied AI research. You will build hardened, highly available and fault-tolerant full-stack systems to support, challenge and improve critical AI modules in on-vehicle perception. This will include:
- Creating and maintaining cloud-based distributed algorithm training environments in a way that is maintainable, scalable and cost effective;
- Creating and maintaining scalable full-stack solutions for the versioning and retrieval of models, training data, benchmarks, and challenge datasets;
- Creating automated AI tools that will push our critical autonomous systems to the next level, as they stress-test safety, reliability and consistency across real-world scenarios.
This role is a unique opportunity to parlay your back-end software engineering talents into substantial machine learning and AI experience, working on uncharted real-world problems that will not simply “disrupt” the world of posting cat pictures online, but actually change the transportation industry forever.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in Python or C++;
- Minimum 3-5 years experience writing and documenting full-stack APIs or SDKs for other developers;
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with modern version control systems (Git, TFS, Mercurial etc.);
- 3+ years experience building and deploying Docker containers and orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, Mesos, Amazon EKS etc.);
- 3+ years administrating and developing with distributed computing frameworks (Apache Spark, Flink, Hadoop, HDFS etc.);
- 3+ years experience with cloud-based and on-prem big data storage solutions;
- 3+ years of experience deploying software on cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, etc).
- Experience developing platforms or SDKs related to machine learning vizualization, training efficiency, experimentation, continuous integration, or active learning;
- Experience provisioning or maintaining large scale ML tooling (Amazon SageMaker, Tensorflow-on-Spark, Horovod, Kubeflow);
- Experience with Terraform and Ansible for infrastructure management;
- Experience with AWS CloudWatch or other cloud management solutions;
- Experience developing in a hybrid cloud environment;
- Extensive visualization experience with Vue, D3js, ThreeJS etc.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work on real-world problems;
- The chance to parlay your full-stack engineering skills into AI skills;
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Relocation assistance to San Diego, CA available
- Lunch served every day
- Fully stocked kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, etc.
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short term disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.