This role is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19
You can apply to the job with this email address:
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
The ML Infrastructure team’s mission is to provide reliable, scalable and self-improving machine learning platform solutions to support the development of critical vehicle systems. As a Software Engineer, ML Infrastructure, you will work alongside some of the brightest minds in the world to address unsolved problems on the bleeding edge of applied AI research. You will build hardened, highly available and fault-tolerant systems to support, challenge and improve critical AI modules in on-vehicle perception. This will include:
- Working on cloud-based distributed algorithm training environments in a way that is maintainable, scalable and cost effective;
- Working on scalable full-stack solutions for the versioning and retrieval of models, training data, benchmarks, and challenge datasets;
- Working on AI tools that will push our critical autonomous systems to the next level, as they stress-test safety, reliability and consistency across real-world scenarios.
This role is a unique opportunity to develop back-end, front-end and AI skills simultaneously, while working on uncharted real-world problems that will not simply “disrupt” the world of posting cat pictures online, but actually change the transportation industry forever.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles;
- Proficiency in Python or C++;
- Experience writing and documenting full-stack APIs or SDKs for other developers;
- Experience with modern version control (Github, etc.);
- Familiarity with distributed computing frameworks (Apache Spark, Flink, Hadoop, HDFS etc.);
- Familiarity with modern data storage solutions (MySQL, S3, AWS Redshift etc.);
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience developing platforms or SDKs related to machine learning training efficiency, experimentation, visualization, continuous integration, or active learning;
- Experience deploying software on cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, etc);
- Extensive visualization experience with Vue, D3js, ThreeJS etc.;
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work on real-world problems;
- The chance to hone real-world AI skills on the job;
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Relocation assistance to San Diego, CA available
- Lunch served every day
- Fully stocked kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, etc.
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short term disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.