Email your resume directly: email@example.com
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
As an Autonomous Vehicle Linux System Operations Technician you will support our Fleet Operations and Technical Operations teams by providing quality triage, troubleshooting, and systems support related to the Autonomous Fleet. You will be providing mission critical support in this role, and work closely with world class engineers and operations staff to support TuSimple’s Autonomous Operations.
- Provide autonomous vehicle systems testing for technical issues across vehicle system Linux runtime environments
- Linux systems - Deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Configure and deploy both open source and proprietary software using System Operations Team tools and services
- Provides hands-on technical support for in-vehicle troubleshooting where necessary to support the success of assigned initiatives
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team on technologies and procedures to increase operational efficiency
- Provide high quality Linux support to Technical Operations and Fleet Operations staff
- Triage the vehicle system environment in accordance with the System Operations Knowledge Base
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for the System Operations Team Knowledge Base
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong familiarity with CLI only environments
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP stack, application protocols, (DHCP/DNS/HTTPs) and networking concepts
- Experience in the Unix/Linux operating systems and an understanding of the fundamentals, such as file systems and memory management, processes and threads, etc.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders as well as geographical areas
- Ability to utilize abstract reasoning techniques to formulate problems and establish creative solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multi-tasking and meet deadlines
- GitHub Enterprise, Gitlab, or other code management/version control platforms
- Experience utilizing knowledge-base platforms such as Sharepoint, Confluence, or similar products
- Strong understanding of Linux networking operations and functionality including DHCP, DNS, and static addressing
- Understanding of basic Layer 2 / Layer 3 networking concepts such as subnetting and VLANs
- Basic Linux administration - Debian based systems preferred
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
Nice to Have
- Python or other programming experience
- Experience with Atlassian products, such as Jira or Confluence
- Familiarity with automotive grade or ruggedized servers/systems/hardware
- Familiarity with Linux on ARM
- Familiarity with automated deployment tools such as AWX or Ansible Tower
- Cross training in systems, electrical, and vehicle controls
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefit
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.