Sensor Calibration Engineer
Email your resume directly: email@example.com
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
We are looking for a Sensor Calibration Engineer to help calibrate, configure and troubleshoot sensor systems on autonomous trucks. You will work with software, sensor, engineering and operation teams, to help with the rapid growth of our fleet.
- Develop, test, improve and maintain calibration software and processes
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues with calibration processes and tools
- Ensure all sensors and systems are properly calibrated before release to testing teams
- Create, maintain, and improve technical documentation for calibration including release notes and technician work instructions
- Own the bring up process for new and retrofitted trucks before release to testing teams
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, Industrial, Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical or a related field, sufficient experience in Information Technology fields with certification may also be considered
- 1-2 Years Experience with Python or other programming languages
- Ability to utilize abstract reasoning techniques to formulate problems and establish creative solutions
- Familiarity with agile methodologies or frameworks
- Ability to manage multiple projects, multi-tasking and meet deadlines
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to succeed and thrive in demanding environments
- Experience with Atlassian products for ticketing, development tasking, and documentation preferred
- Experience in autonomous industry preferred
- Comfortable using Linux and a command-line interface
This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position.
- Must be able to walk 75’ and climb a 10’ ladder
- Must be able to bend, kneel, twist, squat, stand and climb as required to secure load.
- Ability to lift, carry, move, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
- Requires standing, stretching, walking, stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an outdoor environment.
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include non-slip shoes, gloves, and other protective garments and equipment.
- Cross training in systems, electrical, and vehicle controls
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefit
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.