Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
This position is responsible for supporting calibration operation and test operation using calibration applications (include but are not limited to calibration programs and quality assurance tools), assisting engineering teams for deployment and troubleshooting, and developing processes. The role requires interfacing with operations and engineers.
Because Application Engineers operate at the intersection of the engineering, operations and manufacturing teams, they must possess strong communication abilities, excellent reasoning skills and the capacity to facilitate teamwork across departments.
- Handling Q&A for operations, offering presentations and demonstrations
- Developing tools/programs to satisfy operations requirements
- Assisting engineers in application/system troubleshooting and debugging
- Facilitating process design, execution, monitoring and maintenance
- At least two years of experience working with sensors and calibration in robotics fields
- Insightful understanding of sensors such as camera, LiDAR, GNSS/IMU, radar and ultrasonic and intrinsic and extrinsic calibration
- Familiar with python or other languages to develop quantitative analysis tools
- Having good communication skills and understanding the essence of collaboration
- Professional technical documentation/writing skills
- Master degree in engineering or related field
- Experience of supervising junior engineers
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 30% Bonus.
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.