Senior Automotive System Engineer
Email your resume directly: email@example.com
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
At TuSimple we are looking for an experienced Senior Automotive System Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA. You will work cross-functionally with all engineering teams to build one of the most advanced systems operating on the roads. Your passion, determination, and expertise will be key points to overcome obstacles that will lead to a safe and commercially ready self-driving truck.
- Work with the product team to analyze product requirements and decompose them into technical implementation.
- Design an architecture taking into consideration all functional objectives, performance, safety and integration constraints.
- Coordinate with partners and internal departments regarding the design, specifications, validation of advanced automotive electronics software and applications.
- Recommend, design and implementation of functions, features, software/electronic interface, and applications in conjunction with various technologies and needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and specify complex functions
- Ensures that the engineering development process is applied.
- Create and maintain comprehensive system documentation.
- Ensure forward and backward traceability for every requirement using a requirement management tool.
- In relation with the system validation team, ensure accurate test case coverage for each requirement.
- Support vehicle integration team in Tucson for solving issues.
- Take initiative to identify, communicate, and execute high-impact improvements
- Report progress and issues to the system engineering manager and project managers
- Experience in hardware/software product development cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Maintenance) of automotive electronics systems along with automotive grade system requirements.
- At least 10 years experience in the automotive software industry.
- Deep knowledge of vehicle networking
- Excellent skills in analysing, decomposing and structuring a complex system
- Ability to decompose a system into functional blocks and build optimal allocation.
- Strong experience in distributed embedded systems.
- Skilled in writing actionable requirements and structuring them in requirement management tools.
- Understanding of Agile methodology.
- Excellent communication, organization, and coordination skills.
- Proven ability to work under firm deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Autonomous driving or safety electronics systems experience
- Functional safety process ISO 26262
- Powertrain function experience
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.