Mechanical Test Engineer
Email your resume directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
At TuSimple we are looking for a Mechanical Test Technician to join our team as we realize our goal of a L4 autonomous trucking solution. This role will require you to design, implement, and maintain test processes for autonomous vehicle systems and components. You will also be responsible for data analysis, technical documentation and communication with all engineering teams and project managers.
- Interpret test requirements and create test procedures for various components and systems
- Create and schedule test plans and equipment requirements
- Participate in data analysis, technical documentation, problem identification, and resolution
- Maintain metrics on status of testing and roadblocks
- Conduct validation and environmental testing for durability and other factors
- Develop and execute continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Working knowledge of instrumentation and measurement systems
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally with all engineering teams
- Demonstrated project management skills (plan - execute - escalate)
- Experience in writing test proposals and plans
- Experience executing test plans and documenting test results and reports
- Experience operating thermal chambers as well as shock and vibration tables
- Experience designing and building test stations - i.e. IP67 or IP68 test stations
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Full Kitchen with unlimited snacks and fruits
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
Tusimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.