Position required to sit in San Diego! Relocation assistance is provided.
For immediate consideration please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
TuSimple is a global Artificial Intelligence Technology Company. We are the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are multiple generations ahead of anyone in the world. While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first GLOBALLY commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform!
You will be intimately involved in the R&D, simulation, commissioning process of the vehicle control system. You need to be able to work independently and deliver reliable results in a timely fashion. You are also expected to collaborate with engineers who are working on different modules to conduct integration and tests.
- Design and implement the core algorithms in autonomous vehicle control
- Design and test vehicle dynamic models
- Integrate and test the autonomous vehicle system
- MS or PhD in Vehicle Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automation, or Robotics programs focusing on ground vehicles and/or mobile robots.
- Deep understanding of control theory and vehicle dynamics
- Ability to prototype and implement controllers on physical systems
- Background in control system design, signal processing, dynamic system modeling, and experience in applying these disciplines to ground vehicle or mobile robotic systems
- Experience in control methods including, but not limited to, Model Predictive Control, Pure Pursuit, Optimal Control, or Adaptive Control
- Familiar with dynamic system model identification and methodologies in parameter estimation
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink, and Python or C/C++ are required
- Experience in vehicle control system development (CC, ACC, ESC, EPS)
- Experience competing in autonomous driving contests
- Prior industry experience or internships in vehicle control, autonomous driving, or robotics
- Experience in automobile engineering including tire model, powertrain of vehicle, K&C characteristic, etc.
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 30% Bonus.
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
For immediate consideration please email your resume to: