As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy. TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable autonomous truck driving platform.
Out team, Calibration and Localization, is a significant player in the autonomous driving system. At Tusimple, our team is mainly responsible for sensor calibration and ego localization. You will work with the best talents to develop the state-of-art algorithms for online/offline sensor calibration and ego localization that meet ASIL level functional safety.
Example projects we are working on include:
- Provide relative poses of various sensors in millimetre and <0.1 degree resolution
- Real-time correction of sensor pose due to roughness of the truck while driving
- Develop centimetre-accuracy ego localization even when GPS is out of service
- Benchmark of algorithms to ensure their performance for agile development
What You'll Do:
- Deliver high-quality and product-level code for modules on autonomous driving trucks
- Formulate ill-defined problems with data driven approach for autonomous trucks driving
- Be responsible for design, implementation, and evaluation of the cutting edge and sophisticated algorithms
- Work on different sensors such as camera, LiDAR, radar, GNSS/IMU and etc
- Experience non-linear optimization algorithms and non-convex problem
- Collaborate with other engineers to conduct system integration and tests.
What You'll Bring:
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics, Math/Statistics or other related fields
- Product-quality coding skill in Python or C/C++
- Solid knowledge and insight understanding of at least one of the following domains:
- computer vision: feature extraction/matching, SLAM, SfM, VO/VIO, multi-view geometry
- point cloud: feature extraction, registration, (un)distortion
- state estimation: Bayesian modeling, signal process, KF/EFK, factor-graph, non-linear optimization, statistical sampling
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Robotics, Math/Statistics or other related fields
- Publications in top journals or conferences in the related fields
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Opportunity for professional growth and career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- 100% Company paid Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid education/training.
- Company paid gym membership.
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.