Email your resume directly to apply! firstname.lastname@example.org
Operation and Test Engineer - El Paso, Texas
With a foundation in computer vision, machine learning, and AI, TuSimple is revolutionizing the logistics industry by creating the first commercially viable L4 fully autonomous trucking solution. With this technology, we aim to create a world where commercial transportation is safer, cost-effective, and leaves a smaller carbon footprint.
We are looking for a talented Operation and Test Engineer with experience in computer software and hardware as well as technical documentation. You will record any technical notes and tag events as they occur. You will be working alongside autonomous vehicle operators monitoring, troubleshooting and documenting the performance of the autonomous system.
- Basic troubleshooting of hardware and software issues
- Accurately set up, collect, verify and analyze data
- Document technical notes and tag events
- Conduct pre and post trip inspections of the autonomous system
- Perform data offloads and post trip system shutdowns
- Spend extended periods of time testing and documenting in vehicle
- Interface with testing teams in Tucson to discuss performance and upcoming changes
- You will spend long hours in a commercial vehicle hauling freight with a commercial driver
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in IT, Computer Science, STEM or a related field
- Experience in Linux (Ubuntu) as an user
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use command line interfaces
- Basic automotive electrical or computer system understanding
- Reliable and safety oriented
- Willing to be flexible on work schedule and open to learning new technology
- Up to 75% Travel (Hotel and Meals Provided by Company)
This role will require 4 weeks of on site training in Tucson AZ. Training will be paid at your normal salary. Meals and accommodations will be provided by the company.
- 4 x 11 hour routes Monday - Thursday evenings beginning around 9 or 10pm but subject to change if business needs change. Flexibility is required.
- Experience with autonomous vehicles
- Experience with computer hardware troubleshooting
- Experience with commercial or heavy off highway vehicles
- Work with world class AI Engineers
- Shape the landscape of autonomous driving
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonus/paid vacations/insurance
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance plan
- Company 401(K) program
- Company paid life insurance
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.